Prep Jumps 7-2 Off Hardwood [split]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep Jumps 7-2 Off Hardwood [split]

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but since we're talking about HS...

Anyway, here's a kid who jumped 7'2" recently in basketball shoes and on a hardwood court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLvrG5B7GM
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Originally posted by Dietmar239
    Anyway, here's a kid who jumped 7'2" recently in basketball shoes and on a hardwood court.
    I'll say something radical here and suggest that jumping on a basketball court, in basketball shoes, is not a disadvantage. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      I'll say something radical here and suggest that jumping on a basketball court, in basketball shoes, is not a disadvantage. :wink:
      Try running the curve in those kind of shoes on a wooden floor and tell me what you think. I've done it before and it's not pretty.
      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Try running the curve in those kind of shoes on a wooden floor and tell me what you think. I've done it before and it's not pretty.
        Actually, we do it every rainy day. We lay out the J to the basket and do running approaches to touch the rim (net for girls). I've never had a problem, even with my 'speed' jumpers. Do you not think basketball players are constantly running tight curves in games?

Comment

There is no comparison to the curve in the high jump. If you look at some of the greats in the event on their last four steps their bodies are far from vertical. Their lean is so pronounced they would fall over if stationary. Your girls don't have the speed and strength of a world class jumper. The likelihood of falling in the curve on a basketball court is exponentially higher and I would bargain to say that the mental part comes into play as well (fear of falling).

Comment

Working...
          X