Split women's HJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split women's HJ

Capacity crowd of 12,000 in new arena, entirely unprecedented for a single event meet. Looks great on TV.

Live results are here:

http://www.has.hr/split/index.htm

At the moment, three left at 1.96.

Why does Vlasic persist on starting so low? (I mean, it's not a heptathlon :-) )

Comment

Something for the crowd, probably. They looked a little restless.

First attempt at 2.06 was ok, second was a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Why does Vlasic persist on starting so low? (I mean, it's not a heptathlon :-) )
        Beats me. But the best female high jumper should not be coming in 8cms below her head height.

I can see no reason for her entering the competition below 1.90m and I think she could start higher than that. Look at Friedrich last week...

Comment

It's like Samson Oni. He's a 2.30m jumper but you see him at domestic champs starting at 2.05m :?
          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

3rd at 2.06 was little more than a run-through.

Looks like she had a cold (record low temps on the Dalmatian coast this week).

Meet was broadcast live on national TV. Seeing a crowd that size was pretty amazing.

Comment

VIDEO: Blanka Vlasic jumps

12 000 spectators 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                Originally posted by gh
                Beats me. But the best female high jumper should not be coming in 8cms below her head height.

I can see no reason for her entering the competition below 1.90m and I think she could start higher than that. Look at Friedrich last week...
                But on the other hand she passed at 1.90 and 1.96 and was at 1,98 after only 2 jumps. That's pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
                  But on the other hand she passed at 1.90 and 1.96 and was at 1,98 after only 2 jumps. That's pretty good.
                  Excellent Per, you passed! I was simply checking that the board's Hjing fans were paying attention.

(I guess I should have looked more closely at the progression ops: ops: ops: )

Comment

Working...
                  X