Ratings Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings Observations

A few things I picked up looking at ratings, lists, Oly results. Not to question ratings, just things I noticed.

When Lead is Really Lead: two Olympic 4th-place finishers went unranked, Yakob Jarso in MSt and Xiaolin Zhu in WMar.

What Does a Girl Have to Do?: Jamaica's Rosemary Whyte was 7th at Olympics and 8th on the world list, but unranked.

Hope for the Hammer?: AC Kruger's seasonal best was better than 10th-ranked Andras Haklits' best.

M800 Olympic champ Wilfred Bungei was 15th on the world list, behind Khadevis Robinson.

Three list-leaders were unranked: Daniel Komen (M1500), Irina Yatchenko (WDisc) and Torri Edwards (W100-tied 1st). Borzo's #2 on men's list also didn't get him a ranking.

Women's rankings were more likely to correspond to Oly results and/or performance lists. For the men, the most ranking places corresponding to Oly results was in the decathlon, 1st 4 places. For the women, 1st 5 places 200, 1st 5 places 800, 1st EIGHT places 10k. For the lists, 1st 4 in W200 and W10k, first FIVE in WHJ.

In the WTJ and WSP, the top 10 ranked athletes corresponded exactly with the top 10 on the lists--though not in the same order. And in neither case was the world leader ranked #1.

St├ęphan Buckland was 30th on the world list for M200, but managed to rank.

Do I have too much time on my hands?

Is this the opera off season in Austria?

Comment

Working...
    X