2 Lukyanenko, Evgeniy RUS 5.45m
    3 Lucas, Blake VIC 5.30m
    3 Mack, Tim USA 5.30m
    5 Lanaro, Giovanni MEX 5.30m
    6 Pocklington, Joel VIC 5.15m
    7 Boyd, Matt QAS 5.00m
    -- Burgess, Paul WAIS NH
    -- Sang-won, Woo KOR NH

It is a cliche' to say that Hooker is having an amazing year, but look how far behind Lukyanenko Mack, and Lenaro are. The conditions couldn't have caused those guys to have such mediocre results compared with Hooker.

This is going to be a fascinating year in the PV. I hope Walker is healthy and can give him some level of competition cause it doesn't look like anyone else can.

Comment

Hooker got on top of the bar with his 3rd 6.10, I was bumbling with the camera and missed his 1st at 6.10 and many people thought it better, his 5.95 was his 4th jump of the evening. So clean, very impressive, hard to believe he can get better, he looked very different from what I had seen before.

was great seeing Powell do the 400 , starts for 50, jogs 250 then runs hard for 100 coming from a deep last to 4th, and closing, had a lot left.

Villi looking like a lean mean throwing machine, did not recognise her at first, either she looks way smaller in the flesh or she is smaller, hit a 20.09 and a 20.04 and was out there all night.

SBT, came from 4th in the discus at the 3rd round to just miss a hot Danni Samuels, 62 vs 61 think it was only 1/2m in it.

In the 400h hurdles Bershawn Jackson (please forgive if name wrong) but the guy who got 3rd at the OG, ran hard for around 80m strolled around for 200, started rounding them up over the last 120 but ran out of gas about 30m out.

Overall a great meet best in OZ I have seen, never thought I would say this but at one point my Camera went,
      SBT throw,
      switch to Scott Martin throw
      Vicki Parnov jump
      Powell relay final leg
      and when I check it I am sure I just have a blurr of missed opportinities.

In past years the OZ athletics assn would bring out people in the top three, out of season, who were in hard offseason training, that would give our locals some challenge and still win.

This time the people bought out were the best yet, and our locals won, often in style against sometimes pretty good performances (think the standout foreigner was SBT, who in strange place, still jet lagged, winter training, neutral conditions, still threw well.)

Never thought I would say this but almost too much on, ......and I booked my airfare to Melb, so this time will leave camera behind and just have fun.

and SBT will probably take out an AVO for stalking..
      " we all overtrain" Pat Casey to George Frenn

Comment

video of the Powells 400m over on youtube... i assume its ok to post links to that site when they are no TV rights are violated.

This clip is from someones mobile phone I think so i hope its ok!!!!!

Powell in lane 2 miles behind at 200m... comedy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEIXD9ruyu0

Comment

Originally posted by knockout
          First time I've ever seen a sit-and-kick 400! He makes Borza look like the Energizer Bunny in the first half of a race.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            Originally posted by knockout
            First time I've ever seen a sit-and-kick 400! He makes Borza look like the Energizer Bunny in the first half of a race.

Would be funny to see his splits :-)

Comment

Working...
            X