Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polevaultpower
    Originally posted by ralmcg
    Isinbayeva could, at the 2012 Olympic Games, informally visit and talk to the first-time Olympians in the pole vault, both men and women. It should be a thrill to them to meet a superstar of track and field.
    Isinbayeva speak to a competitor? :lol:
    Why not? I don't know if it really happended but would all of us had loved to see Sergei Bubka, the legend, and Yelena Isinbayeva, the then first-time Olympian, have a conversation during the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia.

Comment

http://www.1tv.ru/documentary/fi=5868&fd=200903071600
      - Yelena Isinbayeva -11000+ photos - 250+ videos-

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
        According to yesterday's Life magasine (Russian version): Isinbaeva is going to be featured in a documentary on 7-march (Perviy Kanal) where she reveals certain "secrets", including what she whispered into President Putin's ear during a gala this winter, her love for guy and her adoration of being photographed - among others.
        The heck w/ Putin's ear. What is it she says at the head of the runway? (although I guess Klüft remains the big winner in that mystery, no?)

Comment

I believe she prays in Latin before heading down the runway... no joke.

Comment

I believe she prays in Latin before heading down the runway... no joke.
            Why would she pray in Latin? She is more likely to be Russian Orthodox in religion than Roman Catholic.

Comment

Russian Orthodox pray in Latin.

Comment

Not a prayer.

About the prayer, if it is still the same, or if she changes it:
                Isinbayeva: “It is not a prayer. I will not say anything. It is still secret”.
                From Polevault power (Bruce translation):

— Still, what is it that you whisper to yourself under your breath prior to jumping?
                — For the thousandth time I won’t tell. And beneath the towel I was hiding from the TV cameras.
                Looks like gh will still be in want.

Comment

My dad is Russian Orthodox (in America) and everything they do is either in Russian or English.

Comment

My dad is Russian Orthodox (in America) and everything they do is either in Russian or English.
                    I got it straight from a Russian from Russia.

Comment

She should have competed in Turin :evil:

Comment

Not a prayer.
                        About the prayer, if it is still the same, or if she changes it:
                        Isinbayeva: “It is not a prayer. I will not say anything. It is still secret”.
                        From Polevault power (Bruce translation):
                        [quote:3ghh1c1o]— Still, what is it that you whisper to yourself under your breath prior to jumping?
                        — For the thousandth time I won’t tell. And beneath the towel I was hiding from the TV cameras.
                        Looks like gh will still be in want.[/quote:3ghh1c1o]
                        So is lip reading strictly a Western practice? I mean it's not like she holds a clipboard over her face like an NFL coach calling in a play. Are there really no Russian-speaking lip readers anywhere in the world?

Comment

Maybe, but there probably aren't a lot who hang out on this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                            Maybe, but there probably aren't a lot who hang out on this message board.
                            Hey, I lip-read Russian! I just watched a video of her, and here's what she's saying:

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Isinbayeva speak to a competitor? :lol:
                              Funny. In today's Sport Spegeln on SVT1, Isinbaeva is one of the featured athletes. She is quoted as stating she peps herself up either by getting angry at herself or irritated with something a competitor may be doing during a competition.

She's still talking 5.20m (and even 5.30m), concluding, "I want to jump so high that nobody can break my record."

There are no takers at 5.00m yet!

http://svt.se/2.75291/sportspegeln?lid= ... &from=menu

Comment

She is quoted as stating she peps herself up either by getting angry at herself or irritated with something a competitor may be doing during a competition.u
                                This is consistent with what I have heard from people who have competed against her. It's not like she keeps that irritation inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X