Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamgho Fails To Advance In TJ [split]

Perhaps nerves on Tamgho who had 15,94 in the first q-jump...didn't see the jump tough. My guess is a forward rotation.

Tamgho has one more jump or he is out in TJ... got to be said no one is over 16.85 yet so its a low top 8 after 2 rounds.

Bodganova looked great in the pentathlon! should be an easy win!

Comment

Tamgho stutters to the board and fouls in his 2nd. Huge favourite going down in the first qualinfying.
      Has all the excitement been to much?

Comment

Tamgho is out! fool!

Comment

Was Tamgho's last jump really foul? It didn't look like one to me - granted, the resolution is far from optimal...

Comment

Originally posted by pauluk63
            Tamgho is out! fool!
            Huge leap (way over 17)despite big stuttersteps...the foul was just 1cm or so.
            Sad bacause this was one of the biggest attractions of these champs....

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
              Was Tamgho's last jump really foul? It didn't look like one to me - granted, the resolution is far from optimal...
              The swedish commentators lifted this and said that perhaps the French team might file a protest...but guess it will be hard to decide afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                Originally posted by pauluk63
                Tamgho is out! fool!
                Huge leap (way over 17)despite big stuttersteps...the foul was just 1cm or so.
                Sad bacause this was one of the biggest attractions of these champs....

true! why was he getting that closer to the board he was have qualified being 20-30cm behind the board, he only needed a safe jump, that shows lack of experience for me, because this was his title for the taking. The UK commentators are talking about him being very cocky before the games and they are saying he should get the meadles to prove himself and then big himself up, i tend to agree.

Comment

Impressive last round PB of 17.06 for Jaanus Uudmäe (Jaak's son). 46cm improvement over his outdoor PB even - that would never happen to a US jumper...

Comment

You are right guys, this Tamgho kid is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too cocky . Hope this will bring him back to earth

Comment

I was surprised Tamgho was declared a foul but apparently he went and checked the plasticine afterwards according to our commentators and he didn't seem to kick up a fuss, so I guess there was a clear mark...

Comment

wow! after a MONSTER indoor season to date, this is an epic fail. very unfortunate.

Comment

Impressive last round PB of 17.06 for Jaanus Uudmäe (Jaak's son). 46cm improvement over his outdoor PB even - that would never happen to a US jumper...
                          eh ???

never happened to edwards either...

Comment

And just where do you think he went to university and developed into a much better jumper?

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                              And just where do you think he went to university and developed into a much better jumper?
                              He went to university in US. He certainly didn't develop into an excellent jumper just because of that, but US can (though that's beside the point) still claim some credit. Nothing unusual there - US, after all, turns out plenty of ~17m jumpers, many of them quite capable of jumping that distance indoors - indeed matching their outdoor PBs there - and a lot of whom at some point in their career improve their game a lot during a short span. The point still remains though that lately in particular he has mostly competed in and reached his best results in Estonia. After all, we're interested in what he was doing last summer, not where he went to college.

OK, I admit it's not "impossible" for an apparently stabilized US or US-based athlete to produce a sudden 46cm PB improvement indoors, but it's much more unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                              X