Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Indoor m400: Wissman wins with world-leading 45.89

With both Gillick and Klimczak hitting the track in the first semi, this isn't, I should think, the sort of drama any of us wants to see.

Not to mention the fact Gillick was tripped by a drug cheat. :x
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Are you posting from Turin nevets?

Comment

Am out of the loop - who is the drug cheat?

Gillick is over-rated, IMHO. Still, a shame for his championships to end like this.

Comment

Athletics In Britain on a separate thread now killed:

Posted: 06 Mar 2009 09:07 Post subject: Euro Indoors: m400 semi-finals
          Controversy in the first round as Viera of Romania and David Gillick of Ireland (defending champion) have a bit of a boxing match with lots of shoving and barging on the penultimate bend with Gillick ending up on the deck.

Wissman wins with a quick 46.39. Definitely a strong heat with Wissman, Viera, Buck and Gillick all in the same semi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
            Are you posting from Turin nevets?
            No, I was meant to be going but I suddenly got really ill on Wednesday evening and was not well enough to make the trip, despite how much I wanted to go. Numpty here doesn't have any travel insurance so I didn't get a refund on my flight so that's £170 down the drain!

Comment

That was a seriously easy 46.32 for Licciardello to win the 2nd semi! Sub 46 will be needed to win in the final?

Thanks for killing my thread gh! :lol:

Oh that's a real shame for you nevets. Never mind, at least its good coverage today!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                Am out of the loop - who is the drug cheat?

Gillick is over-rated, IMHO. Still, a shame for his championships to end like this.
                Vieru - he failed a doping test for stanozolol a few years ago.

Comment

Could that draw have been anymore favoured for the Italins to get through, the first semi was stancked with Gillick, Wissman and Buck.

Comment

Indeed...they keep mentioning it on the BBC but it was a ridiculously easy second semi compared to the first...

More annoying, though, is why Steve Cram insists on pronouncing Licciardello's name in a LUDICROUS Italian accent every time :lol:

Comment

Why? In the context of the European Indorrs, I think double champion with a 45.5 PB are pretty much the best indoor credentials in the field.

Comment

Thanks, nev

Why don't the competing nations complain to the EAA? Just looking through qualfying heats etc it does seem as if the Italians have tried to assure themselves of an easy ride.

Comment

Thanks, nev

Why don't the competing nations complain to the EAA? Just looking through qualfying heats etc it does seem as if the Italians have tried to assure themselves of an easy ride.
                          They did and were successful, the lanes got realloted.

Comment

Ireland has lodged a protest over Gillick's tumble.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure that they will be successful in their protest but it's worth a shot, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X