Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was Gillick who initiated the contact.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
      I thought it was Gillick who initiated the contact.
      It failed, so it's irrelevant now.

Comment

There ws some mubling about the italians getting favoured when Licciardello all of a sudden got the exact same time as the pole who at first was stated winner of the heat. But as both were put on the same 1/1000 they both got the chance to be placed on lane 6 in the semis...which the italian got later on. Looking at the heat I was pretty convinced that Licciardello was a pretty clear 2nd place finisher...

But hey that enough with the conspiracy theories. Now to tomorrows final!

Wissman will lead coming into 200m (21,36 vs 21,80 as opener in the semis today). If Vieru to can get in between them then Wissman will win, otherwise it's gonna be a run to the line. Winner sub 46!

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
          Wissman will lead coming into 200m (21,36 vs 21,80 as opener in the semis today). If Vieru to can get in between them then Wissman will win, otherwise it's gonna be a run to the line. Winner sub 46!
          Have to say that pretty much predicted it all!

1 298 Wissman, Johan SWE 45.89 WL
          2 195 Licciardello, Claudio ITA 46.32
          3 247 Vieru, Ioan ROU 46.54 SB
          4 9 Zeller, Clemens AUT 46.62
          5 115 Buck, Richard GBR 46.93
          6 191 Galvan, Matteo ITA 48.23

Comment

I think Liccardello made a tactical error in this race. He made a move on the backstrech from 3rd to 2nd, but then slowed up instead of continuing to move on past Wisman.
            He wanted to save his move for the home stretch, but Wisman has more speed.
            He should have continued his move on the backstretch. I think he might have pulled it off.

Comment

Wissman has been building up nicely all season, i think it was always going to be hard for Licciardello to overcome him.
              After all he is a consistent sub 45 second runner.

Shame Buck having to be in lane 2, had to expend too much energy to try and get a decent position at 200m.

Never expected Vieru to be a medalist before these games, and probably wouldn't have been had Gillick not fallen in the semi's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
                I think Liccardello made a tactical error in this race. He made a move on the backstrech from 3rd to 2nd, but then slowed up instead of continuing to move on past Wisman.
                He wanted to save his move for the home stretch, but Wisman has more speed.
                He should have continued his move on the backstretch. I think he might have pulled it off.
                or ended up running in lane 3 on the final turn and risked a total crash and burn.
                as it went he ran the entire second lap in lane2, suggesting an adjusted time under 46.00.
                ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

I think Licciardello was relying on Wissman dying in the last 50m so he would go past him in the straight and not have to go very wide in the last turn covering more ground and reaching the stretch heavier-legged. But it turned out Wissman had more left in his legs and actually extended his lead in the last 30m!

Comment

Gakologelwang Masheto ran 45.80 at Iowa State today.

Comment

Working...
                    X