Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kai88
    replied
    Could that draw have been anymore favoured for the Italins to get through, the first semi was stancked with Gillick, Wissman and Buck.

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt
    Am out of the loop - who is the drug cheat?

Gillick is over-rated, IMHO. Still, a shame for his championships to end like this.
    Vieru - he failed a doping test for stanozolol a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied
    That was a seriously easy 46.32 for Licciardello to win the 2nd semi! Sub 46 will be needed to win in the final?

Thanks for killing my thread gh! :lol:

Oh that's a real shame for you nevets. Never mind, at least its good coverage today!

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
    Are you posting from Turin nevets?
    No, I was meant to be going but I suddenly got really ill on Wednesday evening and was not well enough to make the trip, despite how much I wanted to go. Numpty here doesn't have any travel insurance so I didn't get a refund on my flight so that's £170 down the drain!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Athletics In Britain on a separate thread now killed:

Posted: 06 Mar 2009 09:07 Post subject: Euro Indoors: m400 semi-finals
    Controversy in the first round as Viera of Romania and David Gillick of Ireland (defending champion) have a bit of a boxing match with lots of shoving and barging on the penultimate bend with Gillick ending up on the deck.

Wissman wins with a quick 46.39. Definitely a strong heat with Wissman, Viera, Buck and Gillick all in the same semi!!!

Leave a comment:

• Matt
    replied
    Am out of the loop - who is the drug cheat?

Gillick is over-rated, IMHO. Still, a shame for his championships to end like this.

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied
    Are you posting from Turin nevets?

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Not to mention the fact Gillick was tripped by a drug cheat. :x

Leave a comment:

• Euro Indoor m400: Wissman wins with world-leading 45.89

With both Gillick and Klimczak hitting the track in the first semi, this isn't, I should think, the sort of drama any of us wants to see.
Working...
X