Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Webb at World XC Championships?

I wonder if Lunn's 7:47 in boston is an indictation that he will run a fast time at Tyson. Willis ran a 3:56 after running a 7:44 3000meters in boston.

Just about a month ago Lunn was feeling good enough to go after Jeff Atkinson's 1500 indoor AR record . Then nagging little injuries starting popping up and he decided to run the Boston 3000 instead. Overall , he did not run a bad race. I just don't know if a 7:47 is an indictation that he is in 3:55 mile shape. However, I believe he will beat the other American's in the field and hopefully finish in the top three.

Webb times for the mile as a professional are in the 3:58 - 4:02 range. I believe he will run around 3:59.

Is 7:47 a 3000 meter pr for Lunn?

Comment

I anticipate Webb running 3.57,59 for 3rd.

Comment

Feb 14...9 PM to 10:30 eastern on ESPN2

so we'll all get a shot to see this on TV live

Comment

No, sorry..... Siena has another game that day.

Comment

I think Webb should keep himself competitive with whatever Nick Willis runs. He can't let his replacement at Michigan pull further ahead. Actually, I bet Willis, Webb, and Brennan look at each other results.

Where is Willis getting his new found speed from.

Comment

Is it true Jason Lunn has withdrawn from Tyson citing bronchitis as the reason.
              Wow, now we can watch the other Americans finish at the back of the back.
              If you want to see US distance runners do well don't tune into to the meet. You will be disappointed!

The farm team must go!

Comment

positive changes have been made at the FT and their effects will be felt in the coming seasons.

Comment

>When were the World Cross Championships held back in Walker and Ovett's day.
                  >Was it as late as March 20th? For some reason (and I really am not sure) I
                  >was thinking it was in late ovemeber back then. But I may be wrong.

And did they run these in an Olympic year?

Comment

Meaning, did Walker and Ovett run World X in an Olympic year?

Comment

Good Question.

Who has historic World XC results that might be able to look this up for us? (hint, hint, challenge!)

Comment

garry, here on the east coast the bb is duke-nc female variety from 6 to 8, then an hour auto show...

then t&f.....don't know what you guys on the wrong coast have scheduled before the t&f though

Comment

http://www.gbrathletics.com/bc/xc.htm

here's a link to brit t&f and I found a few references to ovett and x-c...

I don't have time to explore further though

Comment

>Meaning, did Walker and Ovett run World X in an Olympic year?>

I think Walker finished pretty high up in '75.

He ran pretty fast on the track that year.

Comment

>>Meaning, did Walker and Ovett run World X in an Olympic year?>

I think
                              >Walker finished pretty high up in '75.

He ran pretty fast on the track that
                              >year. >

http://www.athletics.org.nz/walker2.html

<<1975 started off with an excellent win in the 1500m and a second to Filbert Bayi over 800m at the New Zealand Games in Christchurch, resulting in his selection as Athlete of the Games. A month later, Walker finished fourth in the World Cross Country Championships, the New Zealand team winning the teams title.

During the 1975 European campaign, Walker was clearly at his best. He ran his lifetime best 1500m, 3m 32.4s, a very fast 2000m of 4m 56.8s, less than a second off the World record, and smashed through the 3m 50s barrier for the mile recording a World record of 3m 49.4s in Gothenburg. It was a season of exceptional running, well recorded in Ivan Agnew's book "Kiwis Can Fly". >>

Comment

John Walker maybe the most dominant athlete ever from New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
                                X