Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sarah Bowman on cover this month?

Originally posted by Gleason
    Why is Bowman entered in the SEC 800? Her teammates and the LSU 800 runners will be fresh while she will have about one hour rest after her 1500. IF points are needed to clinch the meet, she could double in the 5000 and win it or place second to Areson. She could be 5th (three points) in the 800 unless the LSU 800 runners are injured.
    I'm afraid that I was right about her 5th, but I'm impressed by her 2:03.64 after her 4:15.03 and heats in each. Regional 5000 is after 1500 heat, so I hope that she tries it. She made the qualification by about 30 sec. Kipyego defeated Bowman in 2008 NCAA 1500 after winning the 5000.

Lauren Centrowitz (Stanford) came back after a poor 1500 to defeat the predicted 2nd & 3rd placers at NCAA in PAC-10, so because 5000 is weak, I hope that both milers double--especially if 1500 & 5000 pace at regionals is as slow as it was at PAC-10.
    none

Comment

Sarah Bowman on cover this Month?

To BillVol or anyone else who can answer these questions about Sarah Bowman:

What happened to her at NCAA Mideast Regional in the 1500 final? She ran 4:13.59 in her heat to win by almost 10 seconds, but was second in the final at 4:22.68.

Did she run a fast heat to guarantee a place at NCAA in case of a fall? If she had failed to place in the top five, an at-large NCAA place which is based on times was needed because her fast indoor and relay times don't count.

Or did she try to win with a kick? She said in an interview that she was pushed around at OT and she will be agressive at USAT&F.

Her 4:13.59 in her regional heat is faster than anyone ran in 2008 NCAA heats. IF she was experimenting with her kick the answer is obvious--don't do it. In her NCAA heat a 68 pace would produce 4:15--faster than anyone ran in 2008. In her NCAA final a 66 pace would produce a 4:07.5--her exact time in 2008.

I suggest that she should plan to set those paces unless someone has information that I lack.
      none

Comment

Working...
      X