Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon's sub-4:00 quartet

With Rupp's mark this last weekend now in the books, the Ducks have four active guys on their roster (Wheating, Centrowitz, Acosta) who are members of the sub-4:00 club. I'm trying to remember if that has ever happened before.

DJ---sub-16:00 at Penn this year!!!!!

Not sure, but Arkansas might've had such a quarter in the early/mid-90's with the likes of Hood, Bruton, Bunston, Moran, etc. Not sure if all those guys actually overlapped, or were all sub-4 for an actual mile (not 1500m conversion).

Comment

Burleson, Grelle, San Romani and Foreman maybe ?

Comment

Wisconsin has Miller and Bolas, with Gaspar close. These guys were under last year when they also had Bethke and Jager. Since Finnerty (4:01:09 HS mile) is also on the roster but not yet competing (injury) they may get there again very soon. In addition, a couple 800 guys (Ludwig and Beth) just ran 1:47s this last weekend, indicating that they could possibly go sub-4 as well.

Comment

Lannana mentioned at the "Track Tuesday" meeting for the community last week there will be a Duck 4X mile attempt at one of the meets at Hayward field this spring. New collegiate or american record? 8-)

Comment

Yes, but USATF has mandated that only 5000 people will be allowed into the stadium that day so as not to violate the new spectators-can't-have-fun rule :twisted:

Comment

Overall count of U.S. sub-4:00 people now at 322

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/archive/U.S.Sub-4s.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                Overall count of U.S. sub-4:00 people now at 322

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/archive/U.S.Sub-4s.pdf
                321? Austin Abbott is listed twice: 2006 & 2009

Comment

Michigan had 4 sub-4 guys on the current CR holding relay - Woods had run 3:57 to compliment 3:58 Ellerton, Willis, and Brannen.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                    I think Oregon is the correct answer for first collegiate team with four sub-4s, but not until 1968 with Roscoe Divine, Dave Wilborn, Wade Bell and Norm Trerise[?].

Of the earlier Oregon group of runners, I think Grelle didn't run sub-4 until after he graduated, and San Romani, not until 1963. By then, Burleson, at least, was graduated.

Comment

In 1999, Arkansas had:

Seneca Lassiter (3:33.72 / 3:57.22i)
                      Ryan Travis (3:59.51i)
                      Michael Power (3:59.85i)
                      James Karanu (3:41.67)
                      Sharif Karie (3:41.67)
                      Matt Kerr (3:41.76)

Add Murray Link at 4:02.49 for good measure.

That same year, Stanford had (some redshirted at least outdoors):

Jon Riley (3:40.20/3:58.72i)
                      Jake Maas (3:41.99)
                      Michael Stember (3:39.05/3:58.57i)
                      Gabe (3:39.85/4:00.58)

In 2000 the Cardinal were even more impressive:

Stember (3:35.11/3:59.40i)
                      Gabe (3:35.21/3:59.46i)
                      Riley (3:38.90)
                      Andy Powell (3:40.65)

Comment

Originally posted by EastBayprepoftheweek67
                        Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                        I think Oregon is the correct answer for first collegiate team with four sub-4s, but not until 1968 with Roscoe Divine, Dave Wilborn, Wade Bell and Norm Trerise[?].

Of the earlier Oregon group of runners, I think Grelle didn't run sub-4 until after he graduated, and San Romani, not until 1963. By then, Burleson, at least, was graduated.
                        I don't think Trerise ran sub 4 until 1970. What about Arne Kvalheim instead of Trerise in '68?

Comment

Originally posted by jkjoregon
                          Lannana mentioned at the "Track Tuesday" meeting for the community last week there will be a Duck 4X mile attempt at one of the meets at Hayward field this spring. New collegiate or american record? 8-)

I would guess the Twilight.

Wherever, at least they won't have to go to New Zealand for it this time.

Comment

Oregon Relays

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                              Originally posted by jkjoregon

I would guess the Twilight.

Wherever, at least they won't have to go to New Zealand for it this time.
                              Although Bowerman did take the boys Down Under, the WR was set in Fresno.

Comment

Working...
                              X