Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Indoor- Televised? (streaming now up)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Indoor- Televised? (streaming now up)

Lots of NCAA Basketball tournaments on this weekend on ESPN and ESPN2. Where would one look for the NCAA Indoor?

ESPN360.com will stream the event LIVE, both days. Anyone with an .edu e-mail address is able to obtain access to ESPN360 for free. ESPN2 will air a 90-minute show on Monday, March 23 at 2:30 p.m. Eastern.

Comment

No idea if it will happen for sure, but looks like the Texas A&M site might have live streaming video as well. There's a small "Live Video" link on their track home page:

http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/c- ... -body.html

Comment

Looks like ESPN360.com is a no-go for me. Went to their site and was informed I do not have the right Internet provider. Can't even sign up unless I change internet providers!

Comment

Well I found the next best thing. 8-)

Ken Goe of the Oregonian will be there and will file frequent updates.

http://www.oregonlive.com/trackandfield/

Comment

Don't get your hopes too high about "frequent." As noted here last year, the NCAA has draconian rules in place about blogging: you're allowed 10 posts a day and that's all.

DJ filed 10 for us last year, but that's just not enough. Fortunately, people watching streaming, etc., were able to fill in some decent blanks on our by-event forum.

(We're hoping the NCAA will be a bit more reasonable this time round)

Comment

I was overly harsh in my original assessment of the NCAA policy: no limits on blogging this year!

Comment

As suggested above, A&M will have a live video feed for the entire duration of the meet (at least during running events). I've watched a couple other meets on their feed (including Big XII), and it's not bad. They often pipe in the PA for some commentary. Better than just hitting the refresh button on the results page for sure!

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ncaa2009/track/video.html

Comment

I'm getting unwatchable jerkiness (and I don't mean SSD's commentary :-) ) and I can't get the pause button to wrk so I can get some buffering. Am I alone in that?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    I'm getting unwatchable jerkiness (and I don't mean SSD's commentary :-) ) and I can't get the pause button to wrk so I can get some buffering. Am I alone in that?
                    Same here.

Comment

Same here. Also, it looks like the streaming on Aggie Athletics will end once the ESPN coverage begins (no Aggie coverage is listed for tomorrow).

Comment

Now running just fine

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          Now running just fine

Not true. There are some pretty terrible sounds coming through on the audio feed.

Comment

you mean the obnoxious background music? Hey, at least there isn't a guy yelling "Callahan!" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              you mean the obnoxious background music? Hey, at least there isn't a guy yelling "Callahan!" :-)

Precisely

Wow, they're actually just streaming in some other radio station underneath (sometimes over) the commentators.

Comment

Working...
                              X