Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Men's Jump Triplers? [split]

All this combo talk got me thinking: Who is the best lj/tj/hj of all-time?

I have know idea but I do know that Richard Duncan, former NCAA champ at Texas and Olympian went 8.20m/16.62m/2.20+.

Does anyone know?

Olsson - 2.24m/7.69m/17.79m.
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
      Nice! I'm guessing 17.79m in the tj trumps 8.20m in the lj. :wink:

Comment

How about the All-time Jumper? HJ - PV - LJ - TJ?

Wasn't there a UCLA ur UWash deca guy (Sloan ??) who was a 7' - 17'er? If he TJed, he's in the running.

Comment

The LJ/TJ double isn't exactly unusual at the highest level.

As for the HJ/LJ/TJ triple, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Carro yet: 1.95, 6.97 and 14.29
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Mickael Hanany is a French HJer who dabbled in the LJ/TJ and attended SMU/UTEP in the US. 2.32/7.89/16.39. Still young at 25, so some of these marks should go up.

Comment

Mike Conley. Or Ron Livers. If anyone knows their HJ/LJ/TJ bests, I'd bet they're the best. How would it be determined? Not "Portuguese tables" or whatever, but better by multiplying them - HJ x LJ x TJ ? For what it's worth...

Comment

Well, Conley over Olsson, anyway. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by bf
                  Mike Conley. Or Ron Livers. If anyone knows their HJ/LJ/TJ bests, I'd bet they're the best. How would it be determined? Not "Portuguese tables" or whatever, but better by multiplying them - HJ x LJ x TJ ? For what it's worth...
                  Conley didn't jump high enough to top this list. Livers was a relatively poor long jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    How about the All-time Jumper? HJ - PV - LJ - TJ?

Wasn't there a UCLA ur UWash deca guy (Sloan ??) who was a 7' - 17'er? If he TJed, he's in the running.
                    Sloan (UCLA, now Washington State coach) was the first 7/17 combo. In '67 as I recall. Also threw a frisbee farther than anybody I ever saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                      As for the HJ/LJ/TJ triple, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Carro yet: 1.95, 6.97 and 14.29
                      Just curious: why did my post end up in the men's thread when you made the split?
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Mike Powell was a decent highjumper as well. I believe he cleared like 7'2" if I recall.
                        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                          Just curious: why did my post end up in the men's thread when you made the split?
                          This splitting business is getting ridiculous. The admins are getting far too split-happy and, if anything, it makes threads more difficult to follow.

Comment

Olsson = 2.28m/7.71m/17.79m

Comment

Originally posted by observer2
                              Olsson = 2.28m/7.71m/17.79m
                              I'd already posted his corrected PBs on the other jump triplers thread (and his TJ PB is 17.83i)

A perfect illustration why forums can get confusing when threads get split into to many parts. I understand doing it for the MASSIVE threads that stray way off the original topic. But in this instance (splitting threads into a men's and women's version of the original) it is just ridiculous and not necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X