Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete T&FN Formcharts For NCAA Now Up

on front page in both Headlines and Event Links

(we will have a separate board for the NCAA, with separate threads available for each event)

And then there's the distance medley, where the two powerhouses are seeded 1–2 (Hogs on top) and Ulrey and Rupp could meet on the anchor.

I would be very surprised if Rupp participates in the DMR.

Comment

Interesting prediction here on the w3000 and w5000: At the Big Ten meet Jorgensen won both the 3000 and 5000, beating Bizzarri and Marchand even though at least Marchand ran only one race (and winning the 3000 after running 15:55 in the 5000 the evening before).

3000 METERS
      1. *Jenny Barringer Colorado
      2. Susan Kuijken’ Florida State
      3. ***Laurynne Chetelat Stanford
      4. Lauren Centrowitz Stanford
      5. *Angela Bizzarri Illinois
      6. ***Mel Lawrence Washington
      7. **Alex Kosinski Oregon
      8. *Katie Follett Washington
      9. Gwen Jorgensen Wisconsin
      10. Sarah Bowman Tennessee

5000 METERS
      1. Sally Kipyego’ Texas Tech
      2. Rachael Marchand Iowa
      3. Danette Doetzel’ Providence
      4. Frances Koons Villanova
      5. Gwen Jorgensen Wisconsin
      6. **Lillian Badaru’ Texas Tech
      7. Lindsey Scherf Oregon
      8. *Bridget Franek Penn State
      9. Andrea Walkonen Boston U
      10. **Silje Fjørtoft’ SMU

Comment

Re: Complete T&FN Formcharts For NCAA Now Up

Originally posted by 26mi235
        At the Big Ten meet Jorgensen won both the 3000 and 5000
        Interesting article about Gwen Jorgensen in the Badger Herald student newspaper today. Former swimmer still trying to get to grips with the tactics of racing in a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by ed gee
          And then there's the distance medley, where the two powerhouses are seeded 1–2 (Hogs on top) and Ulrey and Rupp could meet on the anchor.

That's why it says "could" not "will."

(Actually, what's the NCAA rules regards running on a relay relative to having been on a/the Q team? You can't just stick Joe Shlub in there can you?)

Comment

Originally posted by gh

(Actually, what's the NCAA rules regards running on a relay relative to having been on a/the Q team? You can't just stick Joe Shlub in there can you?)
            I thought that you could substitute one runner and/or it has to do with the athletes otherwise in the meet. It is the case that teams will attempt to qualify multiple teams to give them added flexibility as the meet approaches (but they probably have to pick which of multiple qualifying groups they want at the point of declaration.

Comment

Re: Complete T&FN Formcharts For NCAA Now Up

Originally posted by Daisy
              At the Big Ten meet Jorgensen won both the 3000 and 5000
              Interesting article about Gwen Jorgensen in the Badger Herald student newspaper today. Former swimmer still trying to get to grips with the tactics of racing in a crowd.
              She has learned race tactics well enough to outkick both Bizzarri and Marchand at the end. I think that she has a lot of upside because she has been running seriously for less than 24 months (she ran a little in HS but did not run in even the FL Regionals, much less Nationals.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

I thought that you could substitute one runner and/or it has to do with the athletes otherwise in the meet. It is the case that teams will attempt to qualify multiple teams to give them added flexibility as the meet approaches (but they probably have to pick which of multiple qualifying groups they want at the point of declaration.
                Any athlete who is in the ncaa meet can run on the relays, plus one alternate (believe McNamara is Oregon's alternate) who is not a qualifier. I'm guessing Oregon will anchor Wheating, as he has just the 800 heat before the dmr.

Comment

on the new NCAA forum the formchart is broken down so each event now has its own thread.

Comment

how does it feel to be very surprised? :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X