Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like one super-quick competition!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob H
      Originally posted by Dietmar239
      Wow, he could actually win this thing. That ties his best all year. Nice time to peak.
      He won it not only because he matched, and then improved, his seasonal best, but also because 11 other guys who had cleared 2.19 or higher earlier in the season couldn't do it here.
      Really, it sounds like your average high jump championship.

Scott has cleared 2.33m before so the potential is definitely there, it was just a matter of getting some run up things ironed out. He'll probably have a really good outdoor season to boot.
      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

He won it not only because he matched, and then improved, his seasonal best, but also because 11 other guys who had cleared 2.19 or higher earlier in the season couldn't do it here.
        14 guys clear at 2.14 & bugger all but 1 at 2.19 ?!?!?!

that is pathetic

i was looking forward to maybe 1/2 dozen guys still clear at 2.21 & possibly 3 fighting it out at heights higher than 2.29

Comment

Actually, only 7 cleared 2.14 (7- 1/4). But that height was good enough for second place. Reminds me of 1975, when Warren Shanklin won the NCAA outdoors at 2.16 at altitude (Provo).

Comment

Do we have full results? (I know the server seems to be down at the moment). All I know is Fritz finished T3.

Comment

Here are the places after Sellers (the Flash Results site seems to be unavailable).

2 - Drouin
              3 - Tie among Harris, Barbiasz, Wright, and Fritz.
              7 - Wijesekara
              8 - Arrivey (at 2.09)
              9 - Tie among Frick, Silcock, and Thomas
              12 - Gill

All others no-heighted.

Comment

Actually, only 7 cleared 2.14 (7- 1/4)
                wouda been better if you said how many cleared 2.12...

Comment

Nobody cleared 2.12. They went from 2.09 to 2.14.

Comment

has the level of competition in the NCAA HJ regressed over the past 15 years?
                    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

has hoops gotten better?

Comment

Nobody cleared 2.12. They went from 2.09 to 2.14.
                        wouda made 14 clear at 2.09 a more prospective statement...

Comment

Full final results:

http://flashresults.com/2009_Meets/indo ... 011-01.pdf

Comment

Ok, I'm getting mixed info here. The Flash results says Sellers cleared 2.25m (7'4.5") as does the K-state website. Which is it?
                            If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Does this mean Sellers has fixed his run-up problems?

Derek Drouin, Indiana in 2nd place was the 2nd ranked Canadian junior last year.
                              Still only 19. Very promising and technically advanced jumper, PB 2.18.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                                Ok, I'm getting mixed info here. The Flash results says Sellers cleared 2.25m (7'4.5") as does the K-state website. Which is it?
                                Yes, 2.25 (7-4 1/2) is right. I've explained the confusion above, in the correction that I made to the post where I originally reported that he had cleared 2.22.

Comment

Working...
                                X