Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob H
    replied
    Here are the places after Sellers (the Flash Results site seems to be unavailable).

2 - Drouin
    3 - Tie among Harris, Barbiasz, Wright, and Fritz.
    7 - Wijesekara
    8 - Arrivey (at 2.09)
    9 - Tie among Frick, Silcock, and Thomas
    12 - Gill

All others no-heighted.

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied
    Do we have full results? (I know the server seems to be down at the moment). All I know is Fritz finished T3.

Leave a comment:

• Bob H
    replied
    Actually, only 7 cleared 2.14 (7- 1/4). But that height was good enough for second place. Reminds me of 1975, when Warren Shanklin won the NCAA outdoors at 2.16 at altitude (Provo).

Leave a comment:

• eldrick
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob H
    He won it not only because he matched, and then improved, his seasonal best, but also because 11 other guys who had cleared 2.19 or higher earlier in the season couldn't do it here.
    14 guys clear at 2.14 & bugger all but 1 at 2.19 ?!?!?!

that is pathetic

i was looking forward to maybe 1/2 dozen guys still clear at 2.21 & possibly 3 fighting it out at heights higher than 2.29

Leave a comment:

• Dietmar239
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob H
    Originally posted by Dietmar239
    Wow, he could actually win this thing. That ties his best all year. Nice time to peak.
    He won it not only because he matched, and then improved, his seasonal best, but also because 11 other guys who had cleared 2.19 or higher earlier in the season couldn't do it here.
    Really, it sounds like your average high jump championship.

Scott has cleared 2.33m before so the potential is definitely there, it was just a matter of getting some run up things ironed out. He'll probably have a really good outdoor season to boot.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    That sounds like one super-quick competition!

Leave a comment:

• Bob H
    replied
    Originally posted by Dietmar239
    Wow, he could actually win this thing. That ties his best all year. Nice time to peak.

Leave a comment:

• Dietmar239
    replied
    At least he is rounding into form. I'm happy for the guy.

Leave a comment:

• Bob H
    replied
    Sellars misses all three attempts at 7-6 1/2.

Leave a comment:

• Bob H
    replied
    Bar now at 2.22 (7-3 1/4). Sellars is the only one left. He clears on his first attempt.

Next listed height 2.25 (7-4 1/2), but he's asked that the bar be raised to 2.30 (7-6 1/2).

CORRECTION: When they raised the bar, at that point, I presumed it was to the next listed height of 2.22, and in fact I'm pretty sure it was actually posted that way on the scoreboard, at least at first.

In fact, it appears that he passed. 2.22 and jumped at (and cleared) 2.25. Sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• Bob H
    replied
    No clearances in Round 2.

Leave a comment:

• Dietmar239
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bob H
    replied
    Sellers clears 2.19 on his first attempt. All others miss.

Leave a comment:

• Bob H
    replied
    Wijesekara clears on his third. Thomas, Frick, Gill, Arrivey, and Silcock eliminated.

Grinnell had been triple jumping, passed the opening height took his attempts at 2.14 after all other jumping was completed. Missed three times.

No sign of Hamilton. He may have withdrawn. We'll update this when we figure it out.

Post-event UPDATE. He missed three times at the opening height. I must have missed his third attempt.

Next height 2.19 (7-2 1/4).

Leave a comment:

• Bob H
    replied
    Second attempt clearances for Wright, Harris, and Fritz. Third attempts up next.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X