Comment

splits

http://flashresults.com/2009_Meets/indo ... 003-02.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
            Originally posted by dj
            Bingham 45.69 WL
            Go BIG BLUE!
            Just now caught that Bingham won -- the pride of Ben's alma mater, McCallie School, Chattanooga, Tenn. Although Phobe just missed, our city has an NCAA champ after all. I know he was not a day student, but we'll claim him anyhow dammit. When you're a track fan from Chattanooga, you can't be too picky. :wink:

BTW, is he naturalized British citizen or has he always been one?

Comment

Not 100% sure but I believe his father is a British citizen so he had the right to claim British citizenship.

I'm very impressed with Wright. She must have an interesting story to tell having come from modest HS accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
                Not 100% sure but I believe his father is a British citizen so he had the right to claim British citizenship.

I'm very impressed with Wright. She must have an interesting story to tell having come from modest HS accomplishment.
                I'm not sure either. As I recall he grew up in North Carolina. He's probably about as British as I am. I'll bet he has dual citizenship.

Wright is a great story. From walk-on to member of WR relay team and NCAA runner-up, as well as SEC champ.

Is it me, or is Chattanooga becoming track capital of the universe? :wink:

Comment

I assume big blue is high school, but you have to let the Deacs celebrate this one too. I know that Wake's track alumni will struggle with the idea that our first track championship came in the 400 instead of something much longer. It will be fun to see if he can carry this through the outdoor season.

Comment

Andy, that's right: "Big Blue" is McCallie School (Blue Tornado). Very famous prep school in the South and elsewhere. Most every college track in the Carolinas (and the one at McCallie) is named for Ike Belk, a McCallie grad who has donated millions to build tracks.

What do you think about the weight throw in indoor track BTW? Do you like this event?

Comment

The weight is a great event. It is its own entity, though. I think it is nice to have something for throwers indoors other than just the shot. How worthwhile it is relative to the hammer depends on the philosophy of the coach. For me it was a fun diversion but I threw it like a shot putter, with no regard for technique since we didn't have the hammer in the ACC until my senior year. I know others throw it like the hammer and have great success. I always found it interesting that great hammer throwers could pick up the weight and be very successful with it but great weight throwers may or may not be great with the hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Bloom
                        The weight is a great event. It is its own entity, though. I think it is nice to have something for throwers indoors other than just the shot. How worthwhile it is relative to the hammer depends on the philosophy of the coach. For me it was a fun diversion but I threw it like a shot putter, with no regard for technique since we didn't have the hammer in the ACC until my senior year. I know others throw it like the hammer and have great success...
                        very good point.

back to Bingham, great news for the UK 4x4!
                        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

I believe Bingham ran on Great Britain's 4 by 400 relay team in Beijing last year. I think they were fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by Double R Bar
                            I believe Bingham ran on Great Britain's 4 by 400 relay team in Beijing last year. I think they were fourth.
                            Bingham ran strong legs for GBR in both the prelims and finals. He was 2nd fastest on the GBR team in both rounds behind Martyn Rooney.

And many props to the Deacs.

Comment

I was wondering if it was the same guy who ran on our 4x400 team last year. Fantastic run and puts him 4th on the British indoor all time list.

I hope he can carry that form through to Berlin. Form like that (if converted to outdoors) would get him an individual spot in our team for the Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                                I was wondering if it was the same guy who ran on our 4x400 team last year. Fantastic run and puts him 4th on the British indoor all time list.

I hope he can carry that form through to Berlin. Form like that (if converted to outdoors) would get him an individual spot in our team for the Worlds.
                                A squad of Rooney, Bingham, a fit Benjamin (although there's more chance of me finding a 20ft slab of moonrock than Tim being injury free) and Steele (or Tobin) must mean we have a great chance of getting the silver medal in the 4x400m relay in Berlin.
                                http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Working...
                                X