Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nevetsllim
    Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
    I was wondering if it was the same guy who ran on our 4x400 team last year. Fantastic run and puts him 4th on the British indoor all time list.

I hope he can carry that form through to Berlin. Form like that (if converted to outdoors) would get him an individual spot in our team for the Worlds.
    A squad of Rooney, Bingham, a fit Benjamin (although there's more chance of me finding a 20ft slab of moonrock than Tim being injury free) and Steele (or Tobin) must mean we have a great chance of getting the silver medal in the 4x400m relay in Berlin.
    The Brits will have to go through the Bahamas for that silver. 05, 07, and 08 they've claimed it.

Comment

Well, in my mind, 45.69 indoors gives you sub 45 potential outdoors. If he ran sub 45 in an open race that would (in theory) give us 4 sub-45 men for the relay which definitely puts us in the running for a medal. There aren't many countries who could say that. (Although this comes with a rather large caveat over fitness like nevets said).

Btw, IIRC Bingham ran 45.71 outdoors last year so he's gone faster indoors this year than outdoors last.

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
        Well, in my mind, 45.69 indoors gives you sub 45 potential outdoors.
        that seems very reasonable and it nearly/hopefully equates to a sub44 relay leg.
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol
          Originally posted by bhall
          Not 100% sure but I believe his father is a British citizen so he had the right to claim British citizenship.

I'm very impressed with Wright. She must have an interesting story to tell having come from modest HS accomplishment.
          I'm not sure either. As I recall he grew up in North Carolina. He's probably about as British as I am. I'll bet he has dual citizenship.

Wright is a great story. From walk-on to member of WR relay team and NCAA runner-up, as well as SEC champ.

Is it me, or is Chattanooga becoming track capital of the universe? :wink:
          AW story on Bingham's switch last year (hey, remember when Jon worked for AW?!)

http://www.athletics-weekly.com/newsarticle.php?id=537

Comment

Working...
          X