4. Michigan 30
    5. Florida State 25
    6. Connecticut 22
    7. BYU 20
    8. Oregon 19
    9. LSU 18
    =10 Arizona State 17
    =10 Penn State 17

Interesting that Michigan is picked to win three individual events, but still profected to score just 30pts. They usually score well in mile, 3k, 5k, dmr, but not this year?

Comment

T&FN projections going in (with # of qualifiers in parens):

1. Tennessee 47 (8)
      2. Texas A&M 34 (12)
      3. Texas Tech 32 (5)
      4. Michigan 30 (6)
      5. Florida State 25 (6)
      6. Connecticut 22 (6)
      7. BYU 20 (5)
      8. Oregon 19 (14)
      9. LSU 18 (10)
      =10 Arizona State 17 (5)
      =10 Penn State 17 (7)

Comment

Link to predictions:

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/lists/ ... &year=2009

Comment

Gabby Mayo, charted for 9 points (60m, 60mH) didn't make either final (didn't even run the hurdles). That's bad news for the Aggies.

They make up some of that in the 200m, qualifying three for the final, including Mayo. They had been charted to have only one finalist.

Meanwhile, Tennesse's Lynne Layne, charted for 8 points in the 60m and 200m, doesn't make either final either.

Comment

Guess TX A&M was able to get Mayo around the "honest effort" rule (not starting hurdles)? Wondered why she was running 3 events anyway?

Comment

Brittani Carter placing third in the high jump was a shocker. Don't count out the Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                Guess TX A&M was able to get Mayo around the "honest effort" rule (not starting hurdles)? Wondered why she was running 3 events anyway?
                She didn't have to start the hurdles because she wasn't on the start lists. In fact, she doesn't appear to have been declared for the event I don't know why she was on the T&FN form chart for the hurdles.

Comment

I'm always terrible at these things, but here are my projections after day 1.

(Caveat: I only did these calculations for T&FN's original top 4. Perhaps a lower team snuck into the top 4. Please point out flaws that you spot in this.)

women
                  1. Tennessee 39
                  2. Texas A&M 26
                  3. Texas Tech 26
                  4. Michigan 26

Looks to me like the teams hoping to catch Tennessee need Sarah Bowman to either fall down or spontaneously combust. And even that might not be enough.
                  "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

http://www.wbir.com/sports/story.aspx?s ... 63&catid=5

Dee Dee Trotter reports for Knoxville's WBIR TV on the team's departure for College Station.

Comment

Sarah Bowman takes the mile and Phoebe Wright gets Tennessee the 8 points she was charted for. I think the Vols have clinched.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob H
                        Sarah Bowman takes the mile and Phoebe Wright gets Tennessee the 8 points she was charted for. I think the Vols have clinched.
                        JJ Clark must think so because they scratched Bowman in the 3k.

Comment

Women's Team Rankings Going into 4x400 - Tenn 42, BYU 33, LSU 28, Texas, 28, A&M 27, FSU 23, AzSt 22, Oregon 21, TTech 21, Mich 19, PSU 18

Comment

BYU has no 4x400 relay, so that's that. Tennessee can't be beaten.

Comment

Texas A&M's 4x400 gave them second behind Tennessee. BYU was third.

Full team scores here:

http://flashresults.com/2009_Meets/indo ... Scores.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X