Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yohan Blake might deliver a sub 10.10 intention warning!!!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yohan Blake might deliver a sub 10.10 intention warning!!!

Yohan Blake, who will be running with his training partner Usain Bolt will announce his intentions to how close he is to future sub 10.00 clocking. Blake the fastest junior in the world in 2007 with a 10.11 clocking at age 17 was expected to dip below 10.00 seconds clocking by some optimists last year. This would have undoubtedly happened if he had continued on his path to stardum injury free. With a nagging injury that he sustained earlier in the year, this dream was never realized. Now at age 19 and under the tutelage of the famed youth couch Glen Mills and also having training partner in none other than the great Usain Bolt, Blake issued early intentions with PB clocking in the longer sprints earlier in the season. Still early in the season, do not be surprise if Yohan Blake runs close to his PR or even PR in the 100 meters event tomorrow in Jamaica at the Lucozade/GC Foster Classic. This will give an early indication to the world where Yohan Blake is in his first professional 100meters program. It may also help to say where he will expect to be later in the season. Don't be shock because the track Guru warns that a relatively fast time is possible from both Bolt and Blake.
    20201.jpg

I hear you. I will be waiting with anticipation to see it. There is no doubt that he will be good, but to run that fast so soon in his first real outing as a professional will be an amazing feat.
    I hope someone post the race as it happen....do you know of any sites that might be showing the meet or 100m??

One Love!!
    One Love!!!

Comment

Blake did 10.08 with +1.5 wind.

Comment

he'll be 20 in december, so not a junior anymore

quick list of age related 100m

9.97 +1.5 Seun Ogunkoya NGR 28.12.77 1 Formia 13.07.1997 19 years, 6 months, 15 days

10.00 ±0.0 Carl Lewis USA 01.07.61 1r3 Dallas 16.05.1981 19 years, 10 months, 15 days

few more in 10.00 - 10.08, but those 2 are targets for a non-junior but still not 20

Comment

Good time. I expect Blake to clock Sub 10.00 by June if he remains healthy.
          20201.jpg

Comment

Jamaica will break the 37 second barrier in the 4x1 soon, maybe this year. I still find it amazing they ran 37.10 with Bolt running a curve. This youngster Blake is going to be better than Carter and Frater.

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
              Jamaica will break the 37 second barrier in the 4x1 soon, maybe this year. I still find it amazing they ran 37.10 with Bolt running a curve. This youngster Blake is going to be better than Carter and Frater.
              Bolt is exactly where he should be on third. Swap him and the other guy will lose more on that leg than Bolt gains elsewhere. Him and Gay are the two fastest turn runners in history so it's too much of a tactical advantage for their team not to exploit that proficiency. It's all about getting the fastest possible combination of splits, not getting the fastest split out of one guy. For instance, I dare say Bolt could split up to a tenth faster than Powell on anchor, but I bet he can split up to two tenths faster than him on third. So unless Bolt is ready to anchor in 8.5 or something supernatural like that, keep him where he is. He looked more comfortable there in Beijing than the did on that backstretch in Osaka, from a baton handling perspective. Powell's anchor leg was other worldly enough as it is. I agree there was room for improvement on the first half of the race in Beijing, although they did fine. Jamaica has a lot of talent at the moment. Blake looks good but Carter and Frater and some others may continue to improve too.

Comment

time = sum of 100SBs - 3 + 0.3

( reasonable SBs - consider JRM )

3s from 3 exchanges at 1s

0.3s from 2 curves adding ~ 0.15s each

marsh ran 10.00 1st leg ( unknown wind ) , probably worth 9.85 open ( unknown wind ) , back in '92 - consider this wind possibility in relay times

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                  time = sum of 100SBs - 3 + 0.3

( reasonable SBs - consider JRM )

3s from 3 exchanges at 1s

0.3s from 2 curves adding ~ 0.15s each

marsh ran 10.00 1st leg ( unknown wind ) , probably worth 9.85 open ( unknown wind ) , back in '92 - consider this wind possibility in relay times
                  I totally agree with your formula here. The thing is, the Jamaicans proved in that 37.10 what they can do, and there is no reason to think they cannot go better. They had no competition [though that may have helped them run more relaxed], they're a newish team, with room for improvement, and Blake may inject more speed into the mix. On other hand, maybe this team should be left as is since so spectacular already.

Eldrick, what leg would you have thought Bolt would be running prior to Beijing? The last time I recall an Olympic champion running 3rd leg would be 1976 Annegret Richter Germany. Hard to be critical of JAM having him on that leg after how they ran, still wonder if he could stretch out more on a straightaway.

Comment

Asafa has the2 fastest anchor leg splits ever.

8.84s in Osaka and 8.70 in Beijing.

Bolt ran the first sub9s 3rd leg at 8.98s in Beijing.

It would be foolish to mess with that combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Infama

I agree. It just seemed at first [last year] sort of odd to put the gangly Bolt on a bend but clearly it was a superb move. re: Asafa 8.70, shows you he's the quintessential "run better on a relay" runner. None of the pressure of the 100 when all ya gotta do is bring it home a city block ahead, no wonder he ran more to his potential. There have been many runners who could fly with the stick much moreso than in individual races.

Glenroy Gilbert was like that also - 2nd runner on canada's gold team in Atlanta. Just a brilliant relay runner.

Comment

Eldrick, what leg would you have thought Bolt would be running prior to Beijing? The last time I recall an Olympic champion running 3rd leg would be 1976 Annegret Richter Germany. Hard to be critical of JAM having him on that leg after how they ran, still wonder if he could stretch out more on a straightaway.
                        didn't flo jo run 3rd in seoul ??
                        i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Infama

I agree. It just seemed at first [last year] sort of odd to put the gangly Bolt on a bend but clearly it was a superb move. re: Asafa 8.70, shows you he's the quintessential "run better on a relay" runner. None of the pressure of the 100 when all ya gotta do is bring it home a city block ahead, no wonder he ran more to his potential. There have been many runners who could fly with the stick much moreso than in individual races.

Glenroy Gilbert was like that also - 2nd runner on canada's gold team in Atlanta. Just a brilliant relay runner.
                          If Jamaica had used VCB on the 3rd leg for the W sprint relay, that WR would have gone too!

Comment

Obviously young Blake has a world of "potential" not ready to start talking about being better than Carter and Frater just yet. We all remember ...Derrick Florence, Carter Suggs, Cyril Wyatt...right? Jamaica will run a sub37.00 sometime while Bolt and Powell are there, just a matter of time.

Comment

what leg would you have thought Bolt would be running prior to Beijing? The last time I recall an Olympic champion running 3rd leg would be 1976 Annegret Richter Germany. Hard to be critical of JAM having him on that leg after how they ran, still wonder if he could stretch out more on a straightaway.
                              i have a sneaky feeling they woud be even faster if they put him on 2nd leg, where he can run upto 120m

however, they woud need an excellent substitute on leg 3, which all things considered mean, they need a 20-flat guy there to run the curve ( albeit dennis mitchell did run superb 3rd legs & wasn't a 20-flat guy ) - as 20-flat shoud normally mean a very fast curve runner ( not always, but usually )

seeing as they haven't got one, apart from safa who will stay on anchor, there is no point considering a change until at least another jama runs say, a 19.9 ( you'd also want 9.9 in him )

Comment

Working...
                              X