Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officials reverse their call, now saying Bolt Won first race

According to TS:

Bolt jogs 9.93w in +2.3m/s wind losing to Daniel Bailey who also ran a 9.93.

Yohan Blake now world leader with 10.08 in +1.5m/s wind.

:?

nah he won

Comment

I didn't see the race, so I was just going off what one of the Jamaicans on trackshark saw.

Comment

i didn't see it ever. im just hoping he won lol

Comment

Well you might want to edit your post to "I hope he won" instead of "Nah he won" then, lol. Cuz it sounds to me like he lost, from what they're saying on trackshark.

Comment

SPANISH TOWN, Jamaica (AP) — Olympic star Usain Bolt ran his first 100-meter race of the year Saturday, finishing in 9.93 seconds and sharing first place at the GC Foster College Classic.

The Jamaican slowed before the finish, smiling and reaching out to congratulate training partner Daniel Bailey in the next lane as they crossed the line together.

"He is my teammate and he is getting better because normally he always crack at the end of the race," Bolt said. "But he held it together this time, so that is why I was smiling."

Both were helped by a slight wind. Yohan Blake, Jamaica's national junior record holder, was third overall in 10.08 seconds.

Comment

Lol, just when I think Bolt can no longer surprise me... he decides to shake someone's hand before crossing the finish line in a 100m dash and STILL run a 9.93.

W

T

F

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i don't know about this "sharing 1st place" ?!

was it an exact dead-heat to 0.001s & even then photo coudn't split them ?

the only real relevance is if there was prize money for places - bolt woud have thrown money away if he relegated his outright 1st to shared 1st or even 2nd

if latter 2, he better make sure this bailey makes up the difference to him

Comment

edit: Now they're saying he didn't shake hands with Bailey till after they crossed the tape.

I still want to see a vid of it though, since it would be a lot more impressive if he was really just "jogging" as they are saying, and neck-veining it to the tape. Considering it is his first 100m of the season afterall.

Usually takes a few days before any decent vids pop up though. So far the only one I've seen of it is some crappy vid where you can't see anything.

On a side note, what's the deal with the websites of most of the other major sprinters. Guys like Tyson Gay, Walter Dix, Wallace Spearmon, Asafa Powell etc...

I think if I were a world famous world class sprint superstar, I would have a website that showed at least a basic 2009 schedule, or if not that, then at least a blog entry or news entry or something that isn't from september 2008...

None of them seem to have been updated since the end of last season. I think Martina's site at least said when his first race would be, but for the most part, almost none of the famous sprinters seem to have decent websites.

Grrrrr........

Comment

Just saw the race on the nightly sports news. Bolt ran at about 80 percent but Bailey surprised him by being able to stay ahead. Bolt worked a little harder to catch up but with about 10 or so metres to go he was smiling and looking across at Bailey and even extended his hand out to him as if to shake just before they crossed the line.
                    It wasnt as easy as it first sounded but considering that he is still behind in his schedule I am not really concerned.

Comment

Why would you be concerned?

Are you his coach or his family?

Is something wrong?

:roll: 8-) ops:

Comment

Why would you be concerned?

Are you his coach or his family?

Is something wrong?

:roll: 8-) ops:

Comment

Maybe 'concerned' was the wrong choice of word. Since he returned from Beijing, Bolt has had a whirlwind media tour. He has had social engagement after social engagement and he ended up falling behind in his training schedule. Word is that he is playing catch up but still remains behind his schedule to prepare for Berlin.
                          Having said that, so far this season he has run season-opener best.
                          Like myself, Jamaicans have (unfairly) come to expect greater things from its 22-year-old champion. He has set the bar so high but continues to exceeded the wildest of expectations we kind of expect to keep exceeding them.
                          So, a windy 9.93s season opener might be seen as a little below expectations. :shock:
                          So concern maybe the wrong word there. It's just that for some reason we have been expecting greater things. ops:
                          As far as I know Bolt is healthy. He even looks stronger than he was last year.
                          He is getting tired of being scrutinized and interviewed at every turn but other than that, all is well. No need for alarm.

Comment

I still remember Carl Lewis puttting the pedal to the medal and barely closing on Ben Johnson in Rome to run a 2nd place 9.93. Bolt runs a 9.93 and trades recipes while doing so. I know it was windy, but good lord!
                            If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                              I still remember Carl Lewis puttting the pedal to the medal and barely closing on Ben Johnson in Rome to run a 2nd place 9.93. Bolt runs a 9.93 and trades recipes while doing so. I know it was windy, but good lord!
                              I still haven't seen a legitimate vid of the race yet, but, somehow I seriously doubt this 9.93w was as scary as that 9.92 heat he ran in Beijing. That 9.92 jog in the Beijing heats was easily the grossest thing I've ever seen in track and field. Ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X