Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freitag Injured

South Africa’s World High Jump champion Jacques Freitag is out for the rest of the indoor season. I read that he had a ruptured tendon in his ankle and it was very close to breaking.

Re: Freitag Injured

I hate to say it, but it sounds to me like he's had it for the whole year, with an injury like that.

Comment

Digging out my handy World Championships issue of TFN I find a story on Frietag in which it says that he missed a bunch of 2002 after ankle surgery. "...had to have his left ankle reconstructed after suffering torn ligaments and stress fractures on both sides of the limb." I wonder if this is the same ankle? Since he later talks about doctors saying it was 50-50 that he would ever jump again I would assume the original one was his takeoff leg, anybody know what side he jumps from?

Comment

I've only seen him jump once on TV and I think he took off on his right foot. The photo on this link seems to confirm that. I suspect he's done for the year. If it's his take-off ankle almost definatelty so, slight chance if it's not. Still, it's a shame, I thought he might make 2.40m this year.

http://www.iaaf.org/WIC04/news/Kind=2/newsId=24056.html

Comment

Yes, he is a right foot jumper. I saw a clip of him jumping in Europe last year on a jump site called www.hi-jump.org I can't get into this site anymore, but it was pretty cool because they had tons of jumps available to download including Soto's 2.45. I too am sad for Freitag and I hope that it's not his take-off leg. I believe it is the same doctor operating on him as before.
          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

I have a tough time seeing him being able to jump outdoors after having surgery. Even if he was able to it would seem like suicide. Granted it's an olympic year, just rehab and try and get back to 100%

Comment

Does anyone know about the www.hi-jump.org website... I have seen several references to it in various places but have never been able to get there. I always get a forbidden access window... any tips?

Comment

Yeah, I don't know what happened to that website. The strange thing about the whole "Forbidden" deal is that even the avi files that I downloaded to my computer all of a sudden stopped working as well. Doesn't matter what kind of software I am using. They were all free to download so I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried to get on this site from many different terminals and stand-alone's with no success.
                If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Dietmar239
                  You mentioned on the Nieto thread that Freitag was already nursing an injury. Do you know if that was ankle related.
                  Let's hope it is the left ankle that is injured.
                  But no matter, his entire season is over I'm afraid.

Comment

If he had the reconstructive surgery on his left ankle, just ignore my second line in the previous post. Sorry!

Comment

Actually, I'm not sure where I saw it. It may have been on the IAAF website. Anyway, I saw a blurb that mentioned that he was nursing an ankle injury at least a day or two before the announcement was made. The article didn't mention which ankle though.

Comment

Working...
                      X