Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCLA Sprint/Hurdlers Injury Prone??

Blogger comments on the Craddock redshirt story. In fairness Klech started his injury train ride at the tail end of his high school senior year.

http://theviewfromthefinishline.blogspo ... -ucla.html

Actually, Craddock has been hurt since his Junior year in H.S....he barely finished his senior year and never healed. The same with Kletch who was injured at state, continued to run at U.S. juniors and then at J.O.'s with the same injury and has never been the same. That article didn't mention Brandon Johnson, Craig Everhart and several other All-Americans that have improved there or Matt Bruno who was kicked out of school and off the team, Darius Reed who was kicked out of school and just let back in and other unfortunate happenings.........the blame goes to the head coach and athletes AS WELL as with the sprint coach.....

Comment

The list of great Bruin sprinters/hurdlers is a longggggg one. Injury prone?

Comment

Who are these people (the blogger in this case) who insist on using the term "Cali" for California? Just another cranky pet-peeve on my part. I'm rapidly turning into Andy Rooney.

Comment

As a Bruin alum, I don't know if I should see this as constructive criticism or just bitching. Nonetheless, I can say that several of my fellow Bruins are frustrated as well and most still believe that we really ought to be much stronger in the sprints/hurdles.
          On the optimistic side, UCLA was able to get two of the nation's top sprinters--on FB scholies--and both intend to run track in the spring. Let's hope they can all stay healthy. With those two guys and a few almost-ready-for-prime-time underclassmen coming back in 2010 along with Craddock and the possibility of an academically eligible Darius Reed, they could actually field a very, very strong sprint/hurdle squad.
          But the pessimist in me says half of those could also fall by the wayside for one reason or another. Guess we'll just have to wait and see and root for the throwers and vaulters to bring back the NCAA trophy to Westwood (where it belongs) in June 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
            Who are these people (the blogger in this case) who insist on using the term "Cali" for California? Just another cranky pet-peeve on my part. I'm rapidly turning into Andy Rooney.
            Maybe he is referring to Cali, Columbia, South America

Comment

Working...
            X