Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt's 150 meter race

Oh no, not another 150 meter race. Is this really necessary. MJ was never the same 200 meter runner doing this after the 96 Olympics. I hope this does not ruin Usain Bolt.

http://www.iaaf.org/LRR09/news/newsid=49781.html

Re: Bolt's 150 meter race

Originally posted by johnclevohio
    I hope this does not ruin Usain Bolt.
    ??!!

150s - all out - are a staple of a sprinter's training regimen. He's run plenty of hard curves in training and comp 200s. Why would it 'ruin' him?

Comment

In the context of this specific event, this is a terrific idea. Bolt will run in front of a huge crowd who will get to see him up close in a key athletics market, Britain. With Haile Gebrselasie on hand from the 10-K in the morning, the media won't be able to resist the contrast of having the world's best sprinter and the world's best marathoner in the same venue at the same time. The photo op will be amazing.

Want to get more attention for the sport? This is a winner.

Comment

Oh no, not another 150 meter race. Is this really necessary. MJ was never the same 200 meter runner doing this after the 96 Olympics. I hope this does not ruin Usain Bolt.
        MJ as a 200/400 guy wasn't accustomed to the harsher acceleration of the 150. But Bolt is a 100/200 guy, so he is fine for running anything between that.

Comment

Do I assume correctly that it will be a "straight" course?

Comment

Originally posted by dfmonti
            In the context of this specific event, this is a terrific idea. Bolt will run in front of a huge crowd who will get to see him up close in a key athletics market, Britain. With Haile Gebrselasie on hand from the 10-K in the morning, the media won't be able to resist the contrast of having the world's best sprinter and the world's best marathoner in the same venue at the same time. The photo op will be amazing.

Want to get more attention for the sport? This is a winner.
            The Great North weekend expanded even further last year to include some sprint events and even though the times weren't dazzling, the crowd were right alongside the track and I think it was a big success. This year, I believe that there will be a Great Britain v. Australia international on the day before the Great North Run, which will take place on the quay-side, which is certainly a novel idea but sounds good.
            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              ??!!

150s - all out - are a staple of a sprinter's training regimen. He's run plenty of hard curves in training and comp 200s. Why would it 'ruin' him?
              The elite sprinters that I know do plenty of 150's in practice, but I'm not sure about the "all out" part.

Comment

Any word on who will be in the race with him??
                If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Maybe not entirely ruin, but when you are building a track in the middle of the city streets, it just brings back to many memories of the built track with Donovan Bailey & MJ.

I think Bolt could run a 150 at any track in the world, I just don't agree with building a track in the middle of a city for one race.

Comment

??!!

I haven't seen details, but one would assume there's no curve involved here. As they did for a street-race 100 in Britain last year they'll just unroll some long strips of "synthetic" on the street and they're off.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      ??!!

I haven't seen details, but one would assume there's no curve involved here. As they did for a street-race 100 in Britain last year they'll just unroll some long strips of "synthetic" on the street and they're off.
                      ye theyre rolling out a 350m tartan straight and Bolt is racing Williamson and MLF so far

Comment

Originally posted by sprintblox
                        MJ as a 200/400 guy wasn't accustomed to the harsher acceleration of the 150. But Bolt is a 100/200 guy, so he is fine for running anything between that.
                        he split 14.57 for 146.42m of his 19.32

he coud accelerate pretty damn good !

Comment

No, he ran 14.6---there are no reliable 100th-second times available.

Comment

jrm has best available data on his site

see table at bottom

http://myweb.lmu.edu/jmureika/track/splits/mj200.html

listed as 14.592 for 150m

Comment

note that Jonas calls those numbers "a simulation"

Comment

Working...
                              X