Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldrick
    she musta had close to ?50 -ve drug tests between '97 - '00 as worlds leading female athlete & this was prior to production & availability of undetectable THG

care to suggest what she was on ?
    It never ceases to amaze me, eldy, how much of an apologist you are for the drug takers caught in our sport. Do you get upset that it spoils your formula or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McCarthy
      I can't say as I ever felt personally cheated regarding Jones, indeed I consider it an honour to have seen her run, both in person and on the TV, but then I expect my perspective is much in the minority.
      Why?

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
        It never ceases to amaze me, eldy, how much of an apologist you are for the drug takers caught in our sport. Do you get upset that it spoils your formula or something?
        dwayne chambers admitted to doping from '02 onwards

he set a 10.06WJR back in '97 aged 19y

presumably he was on drugs back then even though he didn't admit to it & had -ve drug tests ?

i'd like to know which drug it was & whether it was same one marion took pre-'00

it has to be a blockbuster drug as it was undetectable in '97 & powered a guy to a WR - i'm salivating to know what it was

Comment

is she actually going to attempt a comeback? i thought she wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
            is she actually going to attempt a comeback? i thought she wasn't.
            no she's not which makes this whole discussion obselete
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

The IAAF obviously launched its commentary as a preemptive strike in an effort to get her not to attempt a comeback. I'm guessing they'd consider not getting any money back from her a small price to pay compared to what a PR nightmare any attempted comeback would be.

Particularly with a press (particularly our British friends) that's obsessed with drug stories.

Comment

Originally posted by rumbleyoungmanrumble
                Originally posted by Chris McCarthy
                I can't say as I ever felt personally cheated regarding Jones, indeed I consider it an honour to have seen her run, both in person and on the TV, but then I expect my perspective is much in the minority.
                Why?
                For clarication;

- Why did I not feel cheated?

or

- Why do I think my view is in the minority?

Comment

she's screwed already by iaaf's backdoor policy of shafting of the 2y rule for 1st time offenders :

the article said

IAAF spokesman Nick Davies said Jones would have to give the IAAF 12 months' notice if she intends to return to competition following the completion of her ban
                  if she decides after her ban to compete, they've put another 1y on her sentence with this

even if she said today she intends to return after her ban, that statement adds ~ 6/12 onto her 2y

the iaaf seems to have no regard for international doping law despite being one of the prime movers in setting up wada - they are as autocratic as in niebolo's day

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                    IAAF spokesman Nick Davies said Jones would have to give the IAAF 12 months' notice if she intends to return to competition following the completion of her ban
                    if she decides after her ban to compete, they've put another 1y on her sentence with this
                    Nonsense. She could have given that notice the day she was suspended and it wouldn't have added anything at all to her sentence.

Comment

Yes, the 1-year notification is a logical part of the process. It ensures that you're back in the testing pool before you compete, so you can't just sit out your entire period loading up on more dope, completely free of testing.

Comment

[quote=Chris McCarthy]
                        Originally posted by rumbleyoungmanrumble
                        Originally posted by "Chris McCarthy":1h8oxejl
                        Why?
                        For clarication;

- Why did I not feel cheated?

or

- Why do I think my view is in the minority?[/quote:1h8oxejl]

Sorry, unclear - why do you consider it an honor to have seen her run?

Comment

Well, she was dominant in a very competitive showcase event, and watching her run left an impression on me - "Body from God" and all that. Not unlike watching Krabbe in 1989-1991.

Comment

Working...
                          X