Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Gay

It seems Gay is still facing some problems on his knee. CNN reports about 6 weeks of training delay. I think we will have not the "best" Gay in this outdoor season.

nice to hear from my ole friend moura !

why don't you come here some more - you'd be a great asset here

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
      nice to hear from my ole friend moura !

why don't you come here some more - you'd be a great asset here
      Hi Eldrick!

Unfortunately due to lack of time, I am being just a "reader", but hopefully I will be more active at short term.

Comment

From the Canadian Press

Knee injury puts Tyson Gay six weeks behind in training

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... dTvmApInVA
        Regards,
        toyracer

Comment

Unfortunately injuries are, in my opinion, the biggest spoiler in our sport. The best athletes in the world can be reduced to much less than their healthy selves by a simple chronic injury. ...always a big dissapointment to fans and especially to the athlete.

Comment

Soft tissue trauma like Tyson experienced take upwards of 12 months to heal completely. He never really took down time after getting hurt at the OT, so his progress will be affected for some time to come.

Comment

depends entirely on the injury - soft tissue injuries shoud never take 12 months to heal - if it is taking this long, there is certainly going to be more than a soft-tissue injury ( meaning "sprain" ) - collateral/cruciate tear or meniscal rupture

any soft-tissue injury of knee with treatment of corticosteroid injections, anti-inflammatory tablets & intense physio with maximum rest shoud resolve in no longer than 3 months

Comment

Originally posted by MJR
                Soft tissue trauma like Tyson experienced take upwards of 12 months to heal completely. He never really took down time after getting hurt at the OT, so his progress will be affected for some time to come.
                He had knee tendinitis back in the Summer of 2007 BEFORE Osaka.

Comment

Originally posted by Infama
                  Originally posted by MJR
                  He had knee tendinitis back in the Summer of 2007 BEFORE Osaka.
                  yh i remember that he took a break from the european circuit n took a *rest* for a couple of weeks from training

Comment

thankfully it worked for him back then

Comment

Adidas Classic

So I assume Tyson Gay is not running in the Adidas Classic at the Home Depot Center in May...

Comment

I just hope Gay can heal and be ready to run in Berlin because depending on the conditions, and with Powell finally looking like he's going to be a force in a major this year and Bolt looking scary good, the world championships could be where the most exciting clash between the three fastest men all time takes place this summer.

I was disappointed that all three were not healthy and in the final in Beijing. It was also anti-climatic because while I was sure that Bolt would win I wanted to see what a healthy Gay would have been able to accomplish in terms of pushing Bolt and in terms of his own PR.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all three will be ready and able come August.

Comment

I agree with shearer39. I also believe that if Powell can't get over his problem
                          with big competition only Gay will be able to push Bolt .
                          It would be a glorious race with Powell, Gay, and Bolt all at full strength.

Comment

Having all three healthy in Berlin would also mean that at least two of them would have to hook up in one of the semis. The gamesmanship that would be attendant with that meeting is too delicious to imagine.

Comment

Would it be reminiscent of Spearmon sticking his tongue out at Bolt in the Beijing m-200m sf?

Comment

Working...
                              X