Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon
    replied
    Re: Since We All Love Smokers So Much......

>Genetic predispositions aside, why anyone would engage in such a
    >self-destructive habit is beyond my comprehension. In this day and age, no one
    >can claim ignorance as to the dangers of smoking. So many young people smoke –
    >destroying their health in what could be the prime of their lives. Now many
    >will blame genetics to compensate for their lack of will power. How pitiable:
    >to be mastered by cigarettes, to allow a drug to control your destiny.

Glad to see someone shares my passionate hate of smoking!! (Must be an athletics thing!)

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

A perfect example of "junk science". Correlation is far apart from causation.

Leave a comment:

• Cerutty Boy
    replied

Genetic predispositions aside, why anyone would engage in such a self-destructive habit is beyond my comprehension. In this day and age, no one can claim ignorance as to the dangers of smoking. So many young people smoke – destroying their health in what could be the prime of their lives. Now many will blame genetics to compensate for their lack of will power. How pitiable: to be mastered by cigarettes, to allow a drug to control your destiny.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    started a topic Since We All Love Smokers So Much......

Since We All Love Smokers So Much......

This report suggests that people with "hostile" personalities may be genetically predisposed to smoking:

http://my.aol.com/news/news_story.psp?t ... 0002328710
Working...
X