Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Athletics 2009

Hello, It's that time of year again. I hope you're not all bored of these fantasy games yet! I'll be running this game once again over the summer.

All the details are at http://www.fantasyathletics.co.uk/fantasy/

Closing date is 7th May, and the game starts the following day.

Thanks,
    Richard

I'm in! Working on my picks, which seems harder this year than last for some reason. Perhaps it has something to with the fact that I didn't follow much of the indoor season this year.

Comment

I'll be there to defend my title for sure...

Noted the new South African 800m girl is absent. Not that I (or probably anybody else) expect her to be this year's Jelimo, but it's a thought.

The only notable rule change is that PBs and NRs no longer score points?
      Penalty points are doubled at the Olympics
      Guess that means World Champs.
      Elisabete Ansel FRA (Tavares POR) 2.5
      A rather confusing entry, particularly considering that Elisabete Tavares Ansel is Portuguese (I think, anyway - these days you can never be sure which country any given athlete represents this week) and has two PVing sisters either of whom could also be "Tavares POR"...

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
        I'll be there to defend my title for sure...

Noted the new South African 800m girl is absent. Not that I (or probably anybody else) expect her to be this year's Jelimo, but it's a thought.

The only notable rule change is that PBs and NRs no longer score points?
        Penalty points are doubled at the Olympics
        Guess that means World Champs.
        [quote:19mv3vgc]Elisabete Ansel FRA (Tavares POR) 2.5
        A rather confusing entry, particularly considering that Elisabete Tavares Ansel is Portuguese (I think, anyway - these days you can never be sure which country any given athlete represents this week) and has two PVing sisters either of whom could also be "Tavares POR"...[/quote:19mv3vgc]

Cheers - I knew I could rely on you to spot my early mistakes..

Comment

I'd like to see Mykyta Nesternko as an option for the SP even though he may not compete a lot in that event

Comment

I picked my team!

Comment

I added Nesterenko now. I hope it's a fair price.

Just over three weeks till the game starts now...

Comment

Last entry day (unless you want to miss Doha). Just submitted my team... Won't win by 100 points this time I fear.

Comment

Re: Fantasy Athletics 2009

Originally posted by richard76
                  Hello, It's that time of year again. I hope you're not all bored of these fantasy games yet! I'll be running this game once again over the summer.

Closing date is 7th May, and the game starts the following day.

Thanks,
                  Richard
                  Thanks Richard

Hopefully, you got my team and that changes made today don't count as transfer. ops: :? :?: The last e-mail is my official team. Thanks again, looking forward to the contest. 8-)

Comment

Missed this last year and saw it just in time today.

I thought I'd just quickly make some choices and send them in but it ended up taking me 3 hours.

I just gave up on some events and picked obvious no hopers so I had money to spend on dead certs. I'm certain it will all go horribly wrong but it will be good fun anyway.

Roll on Doha!!![/i]

Comment

Oh damn, I did my predictions when half asleep last night and accidentally gave my captain role to Gomes into of Vlasic!
                      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

75 points in 1st meet if I calculated correctly. Anyone better?

Comment

I think I got 32 points. Only four of my picks in competition, but all four won their events.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeksreal
                            I think I got 32 points. Only four of my picks in competition, but all four won their events.
                            Ditto! Bet nobody else picked Vlasic as Joker. NOT!

Comment

Thanks for all the entries, I'm glad so many of you lot are playing.

I've been so busy lately I only got round to adding in everyone's teams late last night, and now I've just realised that the Osaka meeting is this weekend too, so I've got lots of work to do...

Sorry for the delay but I will get the scores out by Monday evening. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X