Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bad hammy
    As a fan I like to sit in the stands and watch other folks do their best at the running and jumping and throwing thing. The Stanford Invite will satisfy this fan just fine.
    It has done the same for me competing (1986, 1987, 1989, 1990) and observing: (1994, 1996, 1997, 2002).

This sweater was purchased at the last Stanford Invite I attended (2002):

Never had a bad meet watching.

Comment

A distance running fans wet dream.
      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Let's see, in last year's meet, men's 5K--
        Section 1: PRs for 1, 3, 4, 7, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 19, 20, 23, 26.
        Section 2: 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 16, 19.
        Section 3: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6.
        Section 4: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14.
        Section 5: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 11, 16, 17, 21, 22.
        Men's 10K--
        Race 1 PRs: 1 (an NR), 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
        Race 2: 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16... and so on and so on.
        Looks to me like a meet where most people run better than they ever have before.
        Are you sure it was held at Stanford? Looks like results from Turin...

Comment

really? Which of those represented somebody moving to No. 2 on the all-time world list, scaring the World Record?

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
            A distance running fans wet dream.
            Not mine. When the 5ks get rolling at 7pm is when I leave. After four laps I snooze. Miss all of the cold that way too.

Comment

... hence the reason for the Stanford sweater. Arrived when it was sunny, stuck it out for the late distance races long past shivering. 25-USD later, all was good.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                really? Which of those represented somebody moving to No. 2 on the all-time world list, scaring the World Record?
                None, of course. But the number of PRs (the main reason for your doubting of the Turin performances) is far higher than the Turin track produced.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                  This sweater was purchased at the last Stanford Invite I attended (2002):
                  POSER!!! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                    Originally posted by gh
                    None, of course. But the number of PRs (the main reason for your doubting of the Turin performances) is far higher than the Turin track produced.
                    Main reason, but not only reason. And I believe that buried somewhere in all that long discourse you'll find a disclaimer from me that I have a higher tolerance for mass PR-making where race pacing is involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X