Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wejo admits he uses PED's

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/healt ... .html?_r=1

“I remember being really wired before the race,” he said in an e-mail message. “My body was shaking.”From then on, he was a convert.

Mr. Johnson, a founder of LetsRun.com, would avoid caffeine, even in soft drinks, for a few weeks before he competed in a race, wanting to have the full stimulant effect.

“It may have been a huge placebo effect, but I swore by it,” Mr. Johnson said. “Having a cup of coffee exactly one hour before the race was part of my routine.”

I ate half a Snickers 15 minutes before a mile race once. Ran ok. Tried it again and got a cramp. Some drug.

Comment

Isnt this about 5 days early?
      There are no strings on me

Comment

I cut caffeine from the diet about five years ago. But, every once in a while I utilize it and it works wonders. Think long road trips. Once or twice a year I'll be driving one. Pull into a local Starbucks, pick up a quad-shot mocha and I am good for 15-18 hours.

Comment

I put away a 12 pack of Coke Zero about every two days. Caffeine without the sugar. That aspartame is probably not good for me in lab rat quantities, but at least I'm not fat LOL.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Hmmm???? For a minute there, I thought I had found an excuse for my athletic mediocrity. I have never drunk coffee or tea. Hate the taste. Hate the smell.
            Then I realized the copious amounts of Coca Cola/Dr Pepper I used to drink probably had similar benefits and had to admit, nah, I really was just mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              Hmmm???? For a minute there, I thought I had found an excuse for my athletic mediocrity. I have never drunk coffee or tea. Hate the taste. Hate the smell.
              Then I realized the copious amounts of Coca Cola/Dr Pepper I used to drink probably had similar benefits and had to admit, nah, I really was just mediocre.
              Were we separated at birth? Same opinions and truths, but with Pepsi as my poison (still addicted).

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                I have never drunk coffee or tea. Hate the taste.
                My dear departed grandmother (a die-hard all-Okie half-Cherokee) got me hyped up on coffee with cream and a ton of sugar starting back when I was about five (for whatever reason - I didn't need the help!). Didn't use caffeine much as a teen and as an adult was big on Peet's French Roast (no cream or sugar). Now I have a cup of decaf every day. Kind of a morning ritual with the (soon to be departed) newspaper.

Comment

i can't drink coffee it makes me go maaaaaaaaaad

i was in paris once so i thought i'd join in by drinking an expresso in fact i had 2

i thought i'd had a stroke, i started shaking had pins and needles down one side and then had a panic attack !!!

i've done my share of illegal substances in my time but caffeine was worse than any of them :shock: :shock:
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

Grew up with coffee, took a long break from it, and now drink 2 cups (tea cups) of it in the mornings, and one during the afternoon. No effect on sleep, jitters, etc. Immune?

Comment

I drive about 30 miles to work at around 10 at night. The routine is to pick out what I want to listen to and always have a mug of hot coffee. Yep robotic.

I sip as I listen to some old blues or maybe some vintage R&B, Rock..etc. By the time I get to work I've finished the coffee and am ready to do my thang. All so....routine/robotic. Then one night I started to pour my coffee....NO COFFEE????....yep..panic!!!!!! I had no idea I would react that way. I was shocked to see me freaking out over a mug of coffee. Yep...my wife got busy and forgot I was out of my.....drug. She didn't know how badly I needed my fix. I didn't know either until I found myself staring at an empty coffee pot.

Yes I drove over to a little market that had coffee all ready for us..ah..hmm...coffee-junkies? I don't even wanna think about what might have happened if they had had no....... :cry:

Comment

jesus ******* christ !

it's only bloody coffee !!!

Comment

speaking of letsrun..... T&FN in the Dead Sea

http://www.letsrun.com/photos/2009/amma ... index.html

Comment

My eldest daughter, a brilliant and successful Seattle attorney, who otherwise has no known, or admitted bad habits, (except political) is a coffee junkie, absolutely worthless until she has her morning (Starbcks) coffee.
                            She even has a favorite Starbucks barista house sit when out of town
                            When she visits me, she refuses the instant coffee that I keep for such emergencies and drives four miles to a Starbucks, in her jammies, for her coffee fix.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy

i've done my share of illegal substances in my time but caffeine was worse than any of them :shock: :shock:
                              How weird. It's at the very low end of the amphetamine scale.

Comment

Working...
                              X