Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOC Bans Future International Torch Relays

Does Scotland count :P

Seriously, could have been a cool leg run through the Chunnel in '12. Not anymore.

http://www.insidethegames.com/show-news.php?id=5330
    There are no strings on me

Pathetic if it stands.

Comment

Dang! Another of Hitler's great ideas bites the dust.

Comment

Re: IOC Bans Future International Torch Relays

Seriously, could have been a cool leg run through the Chunnel in '12. Not anymore.

Hell......let the Greeks run the final leg.......on the water, thats what they do.

Comment

Torch Relay Story. I do not know the nominating process but in 1996 I was nominated and selected by two local media , one TV, one radio, to run the torch relay. Both gave me a logoed bag of goodies; sweatshirts, cap, socks, baton.. I don't remember what all. .
          After a competing TV station did a brief feature about my being an Olympic competition official, both nominating media called me to return my goodie bag, declaring me ineligible because I was to be an official. I told them not to hold their breath.
          Funny thing, when I got to Atlanta, some officials actually left Atlanta to go to their home town to run in the relay. Apparently, someone did not get the memo.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
            Pathetic if it stands.
            I have always thought this as a little over done. I think something a little closer to home makes a lot more sense.

Comment

Working...
            X