• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World XC: Senior Women [split]

i worry about steph twells short legs and stride
    i deserve extra credit

Originally posted by mump boy
    i worry about steph twells short legs and stride
    They're the same short legs that carried her to three Euro junior cross titles I think it's simply more of a case of going off too quickly. She usually performs better when she holds back a bit at the start and pushes the pace in the latter stages, so I was surprised to see her so near the start so soon.

All part of the learning process I suppose.

Comment

I love watching Lynet Masai run - am a big fan of hers. Let's hope she can keep that 15m gap.

Comment

Twell back in 28th now People like Ana Dias and other Portuguese and Spaniards have passed her now :?
        http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Nobody , surely , expected Twell to finish better than top twenty., especially on this dirt track , hill course. She is just beginning her senior career.

. Media, as usual, going on too much about a first year senior.

Comment

Wowza! What a finish!!! :shock:

Comment

Brilliant charge from Kiplagat over the last 200m! Kenyans first and second - didn't see who was third (Melkamu probably))

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
                Nobody , surely , expected Twell to finish better than top twenty., especially on this dirt track , hill course. She is just beginning her senior career.

. Media, as usual, going on too much about a first year senior.
                I've hardly heard anything in the media about the World Cross and I don't think anyone expected anything better than top-20.

Comment

Did Portugall get team bronze? Fair play to them if they did, and that was without Augusto.

Moreira competed extensively before Christmas in the xc including the Euro xc, then competed indoors and won bronze in Turin, and noe won world xc team bronze! Good 6 months for her!

Comment

The only name I have noted in the last six months in cross country in the British media has been Twell. I have seen copious references to her whenever she has run at European level. AW has talked of her very frequently ,

''great talent '' ''best since Radcliffe '' stuff in the Mediafrequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rineanna
                      Did Portugall get team bronze? Fair play to them if they did, and that was without Augusto.

Moreira competed extensively before Christmas in the xc including the Euro xc, then competed indoors and won bronze in Turin, and noe won world xc team bronze! Good 6 months for her!
                      I think so - they had three in the top-20. I thought Augusto was running alongside Twell but it was Moreiera.

As you say, good for the Portuguese. All of their top runners take XC very seriously and always have very strong teams and are the best in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rineanna
                        Did Portugall get team bronze?
                        Yes. They were behind Kenya and Ethiopia and ahead of Spain. USA was fifth.

Comment

Working...
                        X