Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Record in road 10K

27:01 by Micah Kogo... quickie preliminary release now posted to front page.

deeper story now linked from front page

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . wake me up when he does it on the track . . . sorry, road running is neither track nor field. I allow Marathons only because the IOC says so.

Comment

You do realise how much more difficult it is to maintain a road pace than on the track? There aren't typically 400m marks on the roads, so one has to rely on nine 1km marks, instead of the 24 (possibly 49) one has on the track.

Comment

he's a 26'35 guy who's taken 6s off his pb on the road in cold weather

if anything, he's got to be thinking <26'30 this year ( last year was disappointing - he shouda got silver ), which isn't bad !!!

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
            You do realise how much more difficult it is to maintain a road pace than on the track? There aren't typically 400m marks on the roads, so one has to rely on nine 1km marks, instead of the 24 (possibly 49) one has on the track.
            I'm highly impressed - just as I am with great triathlon performances. But it still has nothing to do with Track & Field.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              I'm highly impressed - just as I am with great triathlon performances. But it still has nothing to do with Track & Field.
              I agree, Marlow. I would love to see all the distance runners, cross-country runners, and road runners be in a separate organization, and take all their numbers, and sponsors and media support with them.

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
                I agree, Marlow. I would love to see all the distance runners, cross-country runners, and road runners be in a separate organization, and take all their numbers, and sponsors and media support with them.
                Nice try. Track runners may stay - the rest are free to go. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  Nice try. Track runners may stay - the rest are free to go. :twisted:
                  Sorry bud, but the 1500 and over runners are moving to the new organization, with the rest of the distance runners. I hope you enjoy your pure and lonely existence... :wink:

Comment

Sorry bud, but the 1500 and over runners are moving to the new organization, with the rest of the distance runners. I hope you enjoy your pure and lonely existence... :wink:
                    I'll start a new web-site, and I'll call it . . . uh . . . letssprint . . . no . . . letsjump . . . nah . . . letsthrowandhurdle . . . um . . . oh, OK, you win. Distance runners, no matter what lame-brain OTHER running events they get themselves into, are a vital part of T&F, so yay for whatizname running a time slower than the REAL World Record!!
                    :twisted:

Comment

Re: World Record in road 10K

Originally posted by gh
                      27:01 by Micah Kogo... quickie preliminary release now posted to front page.
                      Amazing how slow the 10k road mark still is.

Zak Barie ran 27:43 back in 1984. And what is a superior time, Josphat Machuka's 27:52 from 1995 on the old difficult Bolder Boulder course at 5300 feet.

Comment

What's the fastest 10000m time that was run without a rabbit? How far was Kogo from *that* time? The front page news piece called his run "an awesome display of front running", after all.

Comment

Originally posted by lapsus
                          What's the fastest 10000m time that was run without a rabbit? How far was Kogo from *that* time? The front page news piece called his run "an awesome display of front running", after all.
                          I'm guessing Bekele's 26:49.57 to win the 2003 World Champs over Gebrselassie would be it. 30th fastest performance ever:

http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_10kok.htm

Comment

That is my favourite 10.000m race ever. The splits were unreal and the up-front comp was amazing.

Comment

That is my favourite 10.000m race ever. The splits were unreal and the up-front comp was amazing.
                              Agreed! The splits/results:

http://www.iaaf.org/history/wch/season= ... 10K_hash_f

1000m 1409 Mebrahtom Keflezighi USA 2:52.01
                              2000m 1409 Mebrahtom Keflezighi USA 5:36.76 (2:44.75)
                              3000m 809 Salim Kipsang KEN 8:24.72 (2:47.96)
                              4000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 11:10.77 (2:46.05)
                              5000m 423 Kenenisa Bekele ETH 13:52.33 (2:41.46)
                              6000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 16:26.85 (2:34.52)
                              7000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 19:05.14 (2:38.29)
                              8000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 21:42.58 (2:37.44)
                              9000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 24:20.56 (2:37.98)
                              10000m 423 Kenenisa Bekele ETH 26:49.57 (2:29.01)

Comment

Working...
                              X