9 km: 2.43"41
    10 km: 2.38"04

so 13:33/13:28

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Goring the sacred ox, am I?
    No, its more like a sickening and slow injection of poisen made of a mixture of apathy and ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Goring the sacred ox, am I?

Leave a comment:

• KevinM
    replied
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . wake me up when he does it on the track . . . sorry, road running is neither track nor field. I allow Marathons only because the IOC says so.
    Once again you insert yourself into a topic about which you claim not to care, only in an attempt to infect a thread about a subject that is of interest to the rest of us. The topic of the thread isn't "do you care about Kogo's WR".

But hey, your post count went up!

Leave a comment:

• joeltetreault
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    That is my favourite 10.000m race ever. The splits were unreal and the up-front comp was amazing.
    Agreed! The splits/results:

http://www.iaaf.org/history/wch/season= ... 10K_hash_f

1000m 1409 Mebrahtom Keflezighi USA 2:52.01
    2000m 1409 Mebrahtom Keflezighi USA 5:36.76 (2:44.75)
    3000m 809 Salim Kipsang KEN 8:24.72 (2:47.96)
    4000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 11:10.77 (2:46.05)
    5000m 423 Kenenisa Bekele ETH 13:52.33 (2:41.46)
    6000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 16:26.85 (2:34.52)
    7000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 19:05.14 (2:38.29)
    8000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 21:42.58 (2:37.44)
    9000m 426 Haile Gebrselassie ETH 24:20.56 (2:37.98)
    10000m 423 Kenenisa Bekele ETH 26:49.57 (2:29.01)

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    That is my favourite 10.000m race ever. The splits were unreal and the up-front comp was amazing.

Leave a comment:

• joeltetreault
    replied
    Originally posted by lapsus
    What's the fastest 10000m time that was run without a rabbit? How far was Kogo from *that* time? The front page news piece called his run "an awesome display of front running", after all.
    I'm guessing Bekele's 26:49.57 to win the 2003 World Champs over Gebrselassie would be it. 30th fastest performance ever:

http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_10kok.htm

Leave a comment:

• lapsus
    replied
    What's the fastest 10000m time that was run without a rabbit? How far was Kogo from *that* time? The front page news piece called his run "an awesome display of front running", after all.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Re: World Record in road 10K

Originally posted by gh
    27:01 by Micah Kogo... quickie preliminary release now posted to front page.
    Amazing how slow the 10k road mark still is.

Zak Barie ran 27:43 back in 1984. And what is a superior time, Josphat Machuka's 27:52 from 1995 on the old difficult Bolder Boulder course at 5300 feet.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by rasb
    Sorry bud, but the 1500 and over runners are moving to the new organization, with the rest of the distance runners. I hope you enjoy your pure and lonely existence... :wink:
    I'll start a new web-site, and I'll call it . . . uh . . . letssprint . . . no . . . letsjump . . . nah . . . letsthrowandhurdle . . . um . . . oh, OK, you win. Distance runners, no matter what lame-brain OTHER running events they get themselves into, are a vital part of T&F, so yay for whatizname running a time slower than the REAL World Record!!
    :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    I agree, Marlow. I would love to see all the distance runners, cross-country runners, and road runners be in a separate organization, and take all their numbers, and sponsors and media support with them.
    Nice try. Track runners may stay - the rest are free to go. :twisted:
    Sorry bud, but the 1500 and over runners are moving to the new organization, with the rest of the distance runners. I hope you enjoy your pure and lonely existence... :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    I agree, Marlow. I would love to see all the distance runners, cross-country runners, and road runners be in a separate organization, and take all their numbers, and sponsors and media support with them.
    Nice try. Track runners may stay - the rest are free to go. :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    You do realise how much more difficult it is to maintain a road pace than on the track? There aren't typically 400m marks on the roads, so one has to rely on nine 1km marks, instead of the 24 (possibly 49) one has on the track.
    I'm highly impressed - just as I am with great triathlon performances. But it still has nothing to do with Track & Field.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    You do realise how much more difficult it is to maintain a road pace than on the track? There aren't typically 400m marks on the roads, so one has to rely on nine 1km marks, instead of the 24 (possibly 49) one has on the track.
    I'm highly impressed - just as I am with great triathlon performances. But it still has nothing to do with Track & Field.

Leave a comment:

• eldrick
    replied
    he's a 26'35 guy who's taken 6s off his pb on the road in cold weather

if anything, he's got to be thinking <26'30 this year ( last year was disappointing - he shouda got silver ), which isn't bad !!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X