X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best meet name ever?

Mountains vs. Beaches Invitational

http://www.cfpitiming.com/2009%20Outdoo ... e_2009.htm

Better than the "Banana Belt Relays" ??!!

Our next meet is called "The Class Struggle" in which the Proletariat (Soph/Frosh) are scored separately from the Bourgeoisie (Jrs/Srs).

Comment

Re: Best meet name ever?

Originally posted by dl
      We had an all guys meet called the "Banana Relays." Seriously doubt the host school meant anything by it.

Likewise Bemidji State (in the news now for D1 men's hockey), with no men's CC program when they had a meet called the Beaver Classic.

Comment

Weems Baskin Relays

Comment

I'm kind of a traditionalist. Weltklasse just says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
            Originally posted by dl
            We had an all guys meet called the "Banana Relays." Seriously doubt the host school meant anything by it.

Likewise Bemidji State (in the news now for D1 men's hockey), with no men's CC program when they had a meet called the Beaver Classic.
            Oregon State went one better: in the '70s they had a regular fixture called the Beaver Preview.

Comment

Favorite meet name

I know it's CC, but I like "Chili Pepper"

Comment

The one I remember that had a ring to it was Apple Valley Relays

Comment

You don't even have to leave the northern part of Ohio to attend both the Dick Small Invitational and the Zips Open. I bet they sell a lot of t-shirts at these meets.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow

I actually competed in the Banana Belt Relays. 1969 I believe it was.

Comment

There's also a Battle of the Beaches, between UNC-Wilmington and Coastal Carolina.

Comment

best meet name

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                        There's also a Battle of the Beaches, between UNC-Wilmington and Coastal Carolina.
                        In Northeastern Oregon there is a small-school high school meet called the "Carnival of Speed". It has been held since at least the 1960's.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          Originally posted by Marlow

I actually competed in the Banana Belt Relays. 1969 I believe it was.
                          Garry, where were the BB relays held? I can't remember. Whitman College in Walla Walla, Lewiston or Clarkston? I never attended. There was also a baseball tournament monikered Banana Belt, roughly at that time.

Comment

When I was in high school, we ran in the Lower Lakes Area Men's Association track meet in Panama, NY aka LLAMA.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              Originally posted by Brian
                              Originally posted by dl

Oregon State went one better: in the '70s they had a regular fixture called the Beaver Preview.

LOL!

That sounds like a show on the Playboy Channel...!

On another thread somewhere I recounted the infamous once and only all-comers cross-country race in the town of Remer (Ree-mer), Minnesota that the founders unwittingly named the "Remer Open."

Comment

Working...
                              X