• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that Greg Foster or Shaft?

Greg Foster at the 18th Annual Illinois Prep Top Times Indoor Classic
    Class AAA - Saturday, March 28, 2009, Illinois Wesleyan University

http://www.dyestatil.com//?pg=dyestatil ... d8bd781760

You mean a younger Isaac Hayes, right? He's actually not a bad looking dude IMHO. The dome suits him.
    One of the really great rivalries in track, with Nehemiah. What is it about hurdlers, those guys just don't duck each other, and they never have. They still bang it out on the circuit month after month.

Comment

Originally posted by pickle47
      You mean a younger Isaac Hayes, right? He's actually not a bad looking dude IMHO. The dome suits him.
      One of the really great rivalries in track, with Nehemiah. What is it about hurdlers, those guys just don't duck each other, and they never have. They still bang it out on the circuit month after month.
      Yep, Isaac. Everybody who talked to him at the meet said he was a classy guy.

I had a photography instructor in college who shot pics at the 1978? NCAAs when they were at U. of Illinois. He shot the 110s and I believe Foster did not finish (I'm not looking it up.) The photog didn't think anything of it. Developed his roll (roll back then) and later enlarged one of the pictures. It shows Foster not breaking a hurdle, not crushing it, but exploding it! His foot is through it but wood (back in the day is flying in all directions. Really cool pix but I haven't seen it in years.

Comment

Re: Is that Greg Foster or Shaft?

You see this cat Shaft is a bad mother--
        (Shut your mouth)

Comment

...and then there's Bill Murray doing his lounge lizard act to "Shaft". Classic.

Comment

Working...
          X