Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey White

In Texas relays, 82.97m, nice result for Corey. He got A standard if has intentions to participate in WC.

Why wouldn't he intend to participate if he makes the team?

Comment

Re: Corey White

Originally posted by Moura
      In Texas relays, 82.97m, nice result for Corey. He got A standard if has intentions to participate in WC.
      His 81.65 in 2008 makes the "A" standard for WCh.

USAT&F has a more narrow time window (June 27, 2008 - June 21, 2009), so that might apply. In addition, I hope that he improves on his OT ninth.
      none

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        I think he paticipates in NCAA competitions, am I right? If so, it is not unusual NCAA athletes to end their competition season after NCAA finals.

Comment

My team-mate talked to him at the USC invite and Corey said he plans on trying to make the US team.

Comment

I think he paticipates in NCAA competitions, am I right? If so, it is not unusual NCAA athletes to end their competition season after NCAA finals.
            I haven't done a statistical analysis, but I suspect that a vast majority of the collegiate throwers who have met the IAAF 'A' standard participate in the USA Nationals even though their NCAA season has ended.

Comment

I would say that 90% , at least, of USATF-qualified NCAA atheltes compete in that championships.

I cannot think of the last such of note who did not. Or did Walter Dix do something funky in '07?

Comment

USC is saying that White's mark was a Pac-10 record.

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/c-tra ... 09aac.html

That's probably not true. The Jav at the Texas Relays and the Jav at the Pepsi meet in Eugene were scheduled to start at exactly the same time (1:30 pm Central, 11:30 am Pacific). But Hostetler got his big throw in the first round, while White's came in the third round. Assuming both events went off on time (and the Register Guard report certainly suggests that the one in Oregon did), White never did have the record.

Comment

Working...
                X