Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to say "forever" but the change in implements--sob--makes any comparisons of more than 20-odd years impossible. What were those IAAF morons thinking?

(On the other hand, I'm the moron who might vote for changing all implements to get new WRs!)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      I'd love to say "forever" but the change in implements--sob--makes any comparisons of more than 20-odd years impossible. What were those IAAF morons thinking?

(On the other hand, I'm the moron who might vote for changing all implements to get new WRs!)
      Other than the women's Shot & Discus what do you like to see changed. Men's Hammer?

Comment

My reference to change has nothing to do w/ dissatisfaction with any implements (or distances).... Just a reflection of my belief that the sport needs to "start over" on records, and this would be one way to do it.

I'd truly hate to lose a bunch of history, but if that would help jump-start the sport I can live with it. And I believe a rash of new records would do nothing but good, overall. But that's an old argument, and has nothing to do with this thread.

Comment

So Hostetler is the collegiate leader in the javelin, and teammate Rachel Yurkovich is less than a foot off the lead in the women's. They were also high school classmates (Newberg, Oregon '05).

Suspect it would be rather unique if two HS classmates ended up as collegiate leaders but even more so if it were in the same event.

Comment

If it's going to happen, though, it's going to happen in the jav or the hammer, which are not part of most HS programs in this country.

Comment

Working...
            X