Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Championships standard inconsistancy

Why one standard for men and "A" and "B" for women?

2009 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championship standards

Re: USA Championships standard inconsistancy

Originally posted by bushop
    Why one standard for men and "A" and "B" for women?

2009 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championship standards
    This was discussed in regard to the Marathon, but I didn't know it carried over into all events. The short answer (I believe) is that there are two different committees and the men's committee decided one thing and the women's another.

Comment

I can understand why the need for a separate women's committee evolved, but to me this is one area where oversight should be done by a single committee that keeps things plain and simple for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        I can understand why the need for a separate women's committee evolved, but to me this is one area where oversight should be done by a single committee that keeps things plain and simple for all involved.
        100% in agreement. I think this is one topic that Logan will tackle for the sake of professionalism and removing inconsistencies in the organization. Lets hope it happens quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by MJR
          Originally posted by gh
          100% in agreement. I think this is one topic that Logan will tackle for the sake of professionalism and removing inconsistencies in the organization. Lets hope it happens quickly.
          As the Chair of Women's Standards for the past 20 years, you have no idea how I fought against the A and B standards. The main reason for this has to do with the funding for the athletes to come to the meet. All A standard people are covered by USATF, B standards are not. The men did things a little differently regarding the funding procedures. I agree that there should be some consistency with these standards but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon is my understanding. But I will keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by SDavis
            As the Chair of Women's Standards for the past 20 years, you have no idea how I fought against the A and B standards. The main reason for this has to do with the funding for the athletes to come to the meet.
            I hate to be picky about language, but here's a case where fuzzy writing makes it impossible to know for sure what you are saying. In the second sentence, is the antecedent of "this" the A and B standards or is it how you fought against them?

Comment

Working...
            X