Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silnov aiming for WR

It looks like he has recovered from his injury and is focusing on big things this summer.

http://eng.rusathletics.com/nov/nov.php?ind=3700
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Silnov aiming for WR
    Pego is quaking in his boots!! :P

Comment

Re: Silnov aiming for WR

Originally posted by Dietmar239
      It looks like he has recovered from his injury and is focusing on big things this summer.

Can't he just go for the Russian or the old Soviet record first? And then we'll talk.

As has been pointed out earlier, there are some technical issues with his technique.

Comment

Re: Silnov aiming for WR

Originally posted by Per Andersen

Can't he just go for the Russian or the old Soviet record first? And then we'll talk.
        Agreed, talk is easy. And he needs to jump 2.40m before targeting any records. I imagine Ukhov's indoor performances have snapped him out of any post Olympic Gold lethargy...

Comment

It doesn't hurt to aim high. How long has it been since we've had a 2.41m? It would be a good start, but I don't mind if he's talking big. A focused mind will only help him. Hopefully, he's cleaned up some of his technical issues. It's very rare for russians to have layout issues like he's experiencing.
          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Maybe it will help that Ukhov has started to blossom and come into his own this past indoor season, they should be able to push each other.

Comment

It doesn't hurt to aim high.
              Of course not, but it's even better to jump high

The last 2.41m was in 1994 - yikes!

Comment

I think we may break out of the mediocrity this outdoor season. At least, I hope so.

Comment

I think we may break out of the mediocrity this outdoor season. At least, I hope so.
                  I just wanna collect on my bet with Pego before we both get to our dotage.

Comment

Me too, but I've had that hope prior to several outdoor seasons in recent years. However, this year we do have the intangibles of Ukhov being further motivated to repair his reputation and Silnov's possible response. Plus, if we get a bunch consistently jumping 2.34m - 2.36m, the bar will literally be raised. I still believe that Jonas can get up there with the big boys and if Williams and Manson can hold their form in Europe, it could be a good year for the USA.

Comment

I was most impressed with Jonas at the NCAA last year, even though he didn't win or jump all that high. He seemed clearly (IMHO) to be getting super height but just never at the right distance from the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        I was most impressed with Jonas at the NCAA last year, even though he didn't win or jump all that high. He seemed clearly (IMHO) to be getting super height but just never at the right distance from the bar.
                        At the Big XII's where he cleared 2.36m he could have gone much higher if pushed. He looked like he had 2.40m plus in him that day.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          At the Big XII's where he cleared 2.36m he could have gone much higher if pushed. He looked like he had 2.40m plus in him that day.
                          Jonas is easily the best US prospect I've seen since Austin and Conway. Simple to spot really, as gh says, he goes very high up in the air!

Comment

Hopefully, he's cleaned up some of his technical issues. It's very rare for russians to have layout issues like he's experiencing.
                            You mean like this? What a peculiar position for a jumper of his class to get into:

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                              You mean like this? What a peculiar position for a jumper of his class to get into:
                              Yikes! :shock: That looks like like one of my rookie freshmen at the end of the first week of pre-season! [except for the fact that he's seven and a half feet in the air instead of five]

Comment

Working...
                              X