Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's ironic because in the enthusiasm they have to recognize multi - talents who win more than one event,
    they overlook the most versatile of all who has to excel in 10 events in order to win 1 because he only wins one!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      Finley also won the shot: it's almost de rigeur (unfortunately) for MVP awards to go to multiple winners.
      I know that the levels of the marks are not all the same, but if Finley had beaten the shot record like the beating that the Deca record took he would have had to throw a mere 5-6m further. The Deca record performance is so vastly superior to anything else in this meet it seems ridiculous.

Comment

Wow, what a talent... Great video link too.. Thanks.

Much more room for improvement on a number of events, the throws especially which is great news....

His high jump is superb already.... and to drop a 4m 09 at the end of a decathlon.... thats crazy.

Lets hope he stays healthy and keeps the hunger!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
          The Deca record performance is so vastly superior to anything else in this meet is seems ridiculous.
          Zackly

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            Finley also won the shot: it's almost de rigeur (unfortunately) for MVP awards to go to multiple winners.
            he won 9/10. :wink:

Comment

Let's hope when Curtis is on the podium in 2012 or 2016, it won't still rankle
              him about not getting Arcadia MOP.

Comment

Folks,
                The decathlon event, although contested at Arcadia High School, was technically not part of the Arcadia Invitational (due to sanctioning restrictions). Thus, it is no surprise that Curtis Beach did not win the athlete of the meet award since he did not compete in the meet at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Lee
                  Folks, The decathlon event, although contested at Arcadia High School, was technically not part of the Arcadia Invitational (due to sanctioning restrictions). Thus, it is no surprise that Curtis Beach did not win the athlete of the meet award since he did not compete in the meet at all.
                  Well, dat esplanes dat, thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    Folks, The decathlon event, although contested at Arcadia High School, was technically not part of the Arcadia Invitational (due to sanctioning restrictions). Thus, it is no surprise that Curtis Beach did not win the athlete of the meet award since he did not compete in the meet at all.
                    Well, dat esplanes dat, thanx!
                    Clear as mud . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                      Clear as mud . . .
                      He couldn't be the meet MVP because he wasn't in the meet!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                        Originally posted by bad hammy
                        Clear as mud . . .
                        He couldn't be the meet MVP because he wasn't in the meet!!
                        that is their story and they are sticking to it.
                        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Folks,
                          The decathlon event, although contested at Arcadia High School, was technically not part of the Arcadia Invitational (due to sanctioning restrictions). Thus, it is no surprise that Curtis Beach did not win the athlete of the meet award since he did not compete in the meet at all.
                          No, it's still a surprise, but for a different reason!
                          Was he picked the outstanding athlete of the multis meet?

Comment

USATF Athlete of the Week is better than Meet MVP!

Comment

Originally posted by TNT
                              USATF Athlete of the Week is better than Meet MVP!
                              That was my thought the last few days.

Comment

Awesome performance!! I hope he doesn't rush to improve his throws at his running and jumping expense.

I'm a little sad selfishly because I was hoping to funnel enough kids through my decathlon club to eventually coach the next HS record holder.

Comment

Working...
                                X