Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who actually won the women's javelin at Sea Ray relays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who actually won the women's javelin at Sea Ray relays?

The "official results" and the Central Michigan athletic site says Allison Jakubowski won with a 57.93m-190-1. Her previous best throw was 148-2, a 40 foot PR? :?:

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/ViewArticle ... ID=3717751

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-track/searay/09/ ( Look for women's 3rd day results, scroll down for Javelin)

Yet University of Oregon is reporting that Rachel Yurkovich won with a 190-0.
    The "official results" have her at 141-11.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... OEM_ID=500

So which version is correct?

I don't know how that got screwed up, but it certainly appears to have been screwed up. We know that Yurkovich can throw 190 feet. She's already done that. We are almost as sure that Jakubowski cannot.

Her previous high was 148-2 set last week in CMU's tri-meet against Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan and her personal best coming into the season was 139-4.
    I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the Oregon report is correct and the CMU report is not.

Comment

Re: Who actually won the women's javelin at Sea Ray relays?

Originally posted by jkjoregon
      Jakubowski . . . Yurkovich
      It's easy to screw up those verkakte Slavic names!! :wink:

Comment

This is what was sent out by UT SID.
        Women Javelin Throw
        ================================================== ========================
        Name Year School Finals
        1 Allison Jakubowski Central Mich 57.93m 190-01
        2 Jessica Tanner Ohio Univ 47.15m 154-08
        3 Tara Leaman Cedarville U 46.15m 151-05
        4 Toni Whitfield S. Illinois 43.56m 142-11
        5 Rachel Yurkovich Oregon 43.25m 141-11
        6 Jess Vermuelen S. Illinois 42.32m 138-10
        7 Linsay Bloor W. Michigan 41.82m 137-02
        8 Rakel Hankins Kentucky St. 40.93m 134-03
        9 Amanda Martin Connecticut 40.79m 133-10
        10 Courtney Freiberger Indiana 40.47m 132-09
        11 Nicole Cherry Pittsburgh 39.90m 130-11
        12 Joanna Borawski 38.94m 127-09
        13 Susan Plungis Ohio Univ 38.54m 126-05
        14 Brittany Napoli Tennessee 37.07m 121-07
        15 Samantha Espiricueta SE Missouri St. 36.45m 119-07
        16 Holly Kane Tennessee 36.22m 118-10
        17 Rebecca Martin SE Missouri St. 36.10m 118-05
        18 Brittany Robinson Cincinnati 34.88m 114-05
        19 Chelsea Gerkin Cincinnati 34.12m 111-11
        -- Britney Freiberger Indiana ND
        -- Leah Ulizio Pittsburgh ND

Looks like they did mix them up, How? I do not know.

Comment

Corrected results

Women Javelin Throw
          Name Year School Finals
          Flight 1
          1 Allison Jakubowski Central Mich 43.25m 141-11
          2 Jessica Tanner Ohio Univ 40.79m 133-10
          3 Susan Plungis Ohio Univ 39.90m 130-11
          4 Tara Leaman Cedarville Univ 38.94m 127-09
          5 Britney Freiberger Indiana 37.07m 121-07
          6 Jess Vermuelen S. Illinois 36.45m 119-07
          7 Linsay Bloor W. Michigan 36.22m 118-10
          8 Courtney Freiberger Indiana 36.10m 118-05
          9 Kwema Phillander Marshall Univ 34.12m 111-11
          -- Brittany Robinson Univ Of Cincinnati ND
          Flight 2
          1 Rachel Yurkovich Oregon 57.93m 190-01
          2 Amanda Martin Univ Of Connecticut 47.15m 154-08
          3 Joanna Borawski 46.15m 151-05
          4 Ashley Mccrea Oregon 43.56m 142-11
          5 Samantha Espiricueta SE Missouri St. 42.32m 138-10
          6 Holly Kane Tennessee 41.82m 137-02
          7 Michele Dannhausen San Diego St 40.93m 134-03
          8 Rebecca Martin SE Missouri St. 40.47m 132-09
          9 Nicole Cherry Univ Of Pittsburgh 38.54m 126-05
          10 Leah Ulizio Univ Of Pittsburgh 34.88m 114-05
          -- Brittany Napoli Tennessee ND
          Name Year School Finals
          Finals
          1 Rachel Yurkovich Oregon 57.93m 190-01
          2 Amanda Martin Univ Of Connecticut 47.15m 154-08
          3 Joanna Borawski 46.15m 151-05
          4 Ashley Mccrea Oregon 43.56m 142-11
          5 Allison Jakubowski Central Mich 43.25m 141-11
          6 Samantha Espiricueta SE Missouri St. 42.32m 138-10
          7 Holly Kane Tennessee 41.82m 137-02
          8 Michele Dannhausen San Diego St 40.93m 134-03
          9 Jessica Tanner Ohio Univ 40.79m 133-10
          10 Rebecca Martin SE Missouri St. 40.47m 132-09
          11 Susan Plungis Ohio Univ 39.90m 130-11
          12 Tara Leaman Cedarville Univ 38.94m 127-09
          13 Nicole Cherry Univ Of Pittsburgh 38.54m 126-05
          14 Britney Freiberger Indiana 37.07m 121-07
          15 Jess Vermuelen S. Illinois 36.45m 119-07
          16 Linsay Bloor W. Michigan 36.22m 118-10
          17 Courtney Freiberger Indiana 36.10m 118-05
          18 Leah Ulizio Univ Of Pittsburgh 34.88m 114-05
          19 Kwema Phillander Marshall Univ 34.12m 111-11
          -- Brittany Robinson Univ Of Cincinnati ND
          -- Brittany Napoli Tennessee ND

Comment

We have guests come across the country, from the storied Oregon program, to our humble campus and track and we treat them like that??? I apologize on behalf of the people running the meet. I'm surprised Buck didn't correct this on the spot. In fact, it still hasn't been corrected in the agate results!!! Can someone at UT correct this? Bill Webb? JJ Clark? Someone???

With any kind of organization at all, Sea Ray could be one of the best meets in the country.

Comment

I contacted the SID Eric Trainer and he said they were aware of it. Lightning caused a lot of chaos apparently.

The "live" result link has the correct results. Not sure how that works with the agate

Comment

Originally posted by RQ
                I contacted the SID Eric Trainer and he said they were aware of it. Lightning caused a lot of chaos apparently.

The "live" result link has the correct results. Not sure how that works with the agate
                Sorry, I'm tired of excuses from these guys. The Oregon SID was able to post the results correctly four time zones away. Most of the people who work meets at UT think they are all that with their credentials around their necks, but they don't truly care about Tennessee track and field. This has been my experience from following meets at UT for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol
                  Originally posted by RQ

Sorry, I'm tired of excuses from these guys. The Oregon SID was able to post the results correctly four time zones away. Most of the people who work meets at UT think they are all that with their credentials around their necks, but they don't truly care about Tennessee track and field. This has been my experience from following meets at UT for quite some time.
                  Wow that's really harsh. Oregon only had 3 jav throwers at the meet, all their SID needs is a quick call from the coach with the marks. The meet management at SeaRay was dealing with over 1400 marks from the meet and obviously a lot of weather drama that did not help. It looks to me like they got it fixed in a timely manner.

Comment

I see that the Central Michigan web site has corrected their story as well.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                      Originally posted by RQ

Wow that's really harsh. Oregon only had 3 jav throwers at the meet, all their SID needs is a quick call from the coach with the marks. The meet management at SeaRay was dealing with over 1400 marks from the meet and obviously a lot of weather drama that did not help. It looks to me like they got it fixed in a timely manner.
                      I don't consider my comments harsh when they are dead-on accurate. I have witnessed it for 25 years!

And they still haven't corrected the agate results as of 10:12 am on Sunday!

Event 47 Women Javelin Throw
                      Name Year School Finals
                      1 Allison Jakubowski Central Mich 57.93m 190-01
                      2 Jessica Tanner Ohio Univ 47.15m 154-08
                      3 Tara Leaman Cedarville U 46.15m 151-05
                      4 Toni Whitfield S. Illinois 43.56m 142-11
                      5 Rachel Yurkovich Oregon 43.25m 141-11

Comment

I am not sure which link you are accessing for results, but the agate results I pulled off the tenntrack site were accurate before I even posted in this thread last night. Have you tried hitting the reload button?

Comment

I am not sure which link you are accessing for results, but the agate results I pulled off the tenntrack site were accurate before I even posted in this thread last night. Have you tried hitting the reload button?
                          Click on "Women's 3rd Day Results" on the right menu. Those are the agate results I'm talking about.

Comment

Click on "Women's 3rd Day Results" on the right menu. Those are the agate results I'm talking about.
                            The results are correct in the full results which are the only ones most people would be looking at after the meet is over.

Comment

The results are correct in the full results which are the only ones most people would be looking at after the meet is over.
                              They need to correct everything. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X