Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Campbell-Brown hurt?

Just saw where someone posted this on another board. Thoughts?

Saw where she was listed to run with the adidas relay at Texas Relays but pulled out.

Rumor is she has a stress fracture in her foot. Can anyone confirm this and if so, the severity and what it will do to her training and racing schedules?

For as much talk that has gone on in the other women's thread I would see a less than 100% VCB as a HUGE blow to the Jamaican team in both the 100 and 200 as well as the 4x1.

No one can run with Campbell in the duece when she is healthy. Sure hope that's just a rumor though, and if it does have some truth I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Comment

Maybe VCB only is fully healthy in the Olympic years. Hope not. I want to see some head to heads with Felix over the next few years. Could be classics.

Comment

Any update? She was just announced in the home depot meet on 16 May, guessing this might be because it's her sponsors US meet and if she's hurt she could pull out later. She has a bye for the 100m in Berlin, I wanted to see her go for a world title in the 200m.

Comment

In the past I've asked her questions through her website and she's answered promptly and gracefully.

A few days ago I asked her if she were hurt.

As of yet, I've gotten no reply.

In retrospect I should have asked her how was her health.

Of course if could be that she's just busy.
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

According to her management she is not suffering from a stress fracture and that she is expected to perform at the National Championships in Jamaica in June. So, if she is injured it must be something that she intends to recover from very quickly.
            VCB has always been private about her health, a few years ago, think it was 06 when she was hurt, they reluctantly admitted that she was not in the best of health, and it reflected in her performance at the Commonwealth Games when she was beaten by Sherone Simpson.
            I can only assume that if she is nursing an injury it is not one that is going prevent her from achieving her goals this season.

Comment

An article on the IAAF web site says that she will run at the Adidas Track Classic in Carson’s Home Depot Center on 16 May.
              Regards,
              toyracer

Comment

Injury time off down to an inflammed toe.

Philadelphia, USA - Double Olympic 200m champion Veronica Campbell-Brown is expected to be fully recovered by the middle of May after suffering what is being described as a “severe inflammation of a toe on her left foot” which has put her out of action for the past five weeks.

Claude Bryan, her agent confirmed on Thursday that the 27-year-old was “recovering satisfactorily” and is expected to run later in May but could miss the Jamaica International Invitational in Kingston on May 2nd.

Earlier in the week, Campbell-Brown had been confirmed to compete at the adidas Track Classic on 16 May and it is hoped that her injury will not prevent her from taking part.

He said the inflammation flared up after a photo shoot in Santa Monica, California five weeks ago and that kept her off the track for some time.

He insisted that the injury was not a stress fracture as had been reported.
                http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=50303.html

Comment

I read another report where she hasn't run for about 5 weeks now (or was held out for 5 weeks...not sure which).

Sounds more than just an "inflammed toe" to me.

I really hope she recovers because I love watching VCB do her thing. Has she suffered any major setbacks like this in her training before?

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                    I read another report where she hasn't run for about 5 weeks now (or was held out for 5 weeks...not sure which).

Sounds more than just an "inflammed toe" to me.

I really hope she recovers because I love watching VCB do her thing. Has she suffered any major setbacks like this in her training before?
                    VCB was injured most of 2006.
                    Cows need love too

Comment

Good news folks. Veronica is back on the track training.

She is currently in Jamaica training at the National Stadium even though she will not be taking part in todays Jamaica Invitational

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/h ... EPORT_.asp
                      Cows need love too

Comment

Working...
                      X