Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mo in the 100/Geb in the 10k in Athens

Darrel Brown could easily be the emerging dominant force this year..

Between Gaitlin, Capel and Brown I think we have the 100 meter athens winner...

I'd take one of those three against the field.

I wouldn't the surprised to see Geb medal at 10K, I just don't believe it'll be Gold.

A previous poster mentioned how good bekele is, and his room for progress over the summer.

I do not think geb has PR's in him anymore for 5 and 10K.

His recent injuries may have given him a breather from hard continuous racing, giving him a final stage in athens.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person...

..one can hope for it.

Comment

An interesting fact related to my above post re: Geb in the the 10,000. On today's IAAF site, Bekele suggests that he will not attempt a 5/10 double in Athens. If so, my money is on him in the 5...

Comment

Geb lost his speed? Forget about last year, he ran 7:29 for 3000 two weeks ago and is the World Leader. Bekele is the only possible threat if Geb is healthy.

Don't know about Mo, he is a wildcard. That tongue freaks me out.

DMC
        In the sun with a popsicle, everthing is possible

Comment

GATLINGATLINGATLINGATLINGATLINGATLINGATLIN...
          BEKELEBEKELEBEKELEBEKELEBEKELEBEKELEBEKELE...

Here are my two favourites...

Comment

the odds on Greene winning at OG IMHO are about 5 to 1.

the odds of him setting a WR in the process IMHO are at best about 8 to 1.

Therefore the odds of him doing both are about 40 to 1.

I made a 50-1 bet on basketball once, $50 to $1, and paid out the $ 50, dumbest bet I ever made. So a " gentleman's bet" only, sure.... he won't do it !

What was the 50 to 1 bet ? In 1981 Indiana University sneaked into the NCAA basketball tourney, and I rashly told a die-hard I.U. fan they had "no chance," and I would give him 50 to 1. The rest is history.....

The odds on Geb winning IMHO are 3 to 2. Odds on him setting a WR sometime in the year are even money, IMHO.

Comment

Geb is still on top of the world. His performances last year and thus far this year prove this. The WC performance was a "team" performance and he pulled Bekele to a WC gold.

As he mentioned in the interview published last month - he is working on his speed and it looks like his efforts are paying off so far this year. He will win gold and very likely get the WR.

As far as Mo is concerned - of course a much bigger long-shot. Not to count him out but based on recent performances he has a long way to go to get back into WR or OG condition. This effort will require training which, as evidenced by recent injury problems, his body may not be able to handle.

Geb yes. No Mo.

Comment

I've said it before, and I have to stick to it, because I feel it in my gut...Mo Greene will be back to top form this year. Mo surely realizes that he won't have another Olympic year, and that he may be approaching the end of his prime. Call it nieve or wishful thinking, but I am expecting (and hoping for) great things this year from him. My prediction...he'll go to Athens and will win Gold.

Comment

Working...
                X