X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAIL DEVERS, Magnificant!!

wins Tyson 60m dash in 7.10

Re: GAIL DEVERS, Magnificant!!

That was the best indoor double I've ever seen. I think that Gail needs to run more doubles indoors and outdoors.... That was amazing....

Comment

Doubling is very hard . This kept T. Trammell down

>That was the best indoor double I've ever seen. I think that Gail needs to run
      >more doubles indoors and outdoors.... That was amazing....

Comment

"I think that Gail needs to run more doubles indoors and outdoors.... That was amazing...."

No!! NO! Don't you understand that she cannot maximize her hurdles potential at this point by doing that?

Comment

>"I think that Gail needs to run more doubles indoors and outdoors.... That was
          >amazing...."

No!! NO! Don't you understand that she cannot maximize her
          >hurdles potential at this point by doing that?

I agree. My advise to Gail is easy, easy, do a few sprints, no more than that, to keep your speed up, but just slowly build to nice a peak in these coming months for the Hurdles. It's YOUR year ( at last ) to win it. What a great way to retire.

And if the coaches were smart, come OG time, she should be handling that stick somewhere in the 400 relay.

Comment

I concur, Gail was incredible.

If she can build from that into July and August, good things will come.

Felician also ran when, and was closing on Gail a bit after the last hurdle.

Gail needs to temper her racing a bit. She's in good form and I'd hate to see her waste it all in June or July.

I'm sure she's well aware of this possibility and will be a wise owl, and give us all something special in August.

Hopefully the missing Gold is granted to her.

Comment

it's all in her start, out of the blocks(after all, her anagram is 'drives a leg') Sorry, couldn't resist dropping another lame anagram.

Comment

There are two considerations that have not been mentioned here, but that could explain why she did this double. First, she's a professional, and I assume someone paid her more to run a second race.

Second, for those who insist on relating everything in this sport to the Olympic Games, consider that in the OG and the OTrials, she will probably have to run two competitive races in one day whether she runs the 100 or the 100m hurdles or both (I don't have a schedule in front of me and I don't remember whether that's even possible.) So why not practice the routine of running a race, warming down, warming up, and running another race? I know she's had a long career and knows how to do this, but again, the assumption that some have made is that what she does in February must somehow make sense in the context of what she's going to have to do in July and August. OK, I've offered a possible explanation.

Frankly, I think my first explanation is more likely to be what motivated her.

Comment

Working...
                X