Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T&FN's NCAA Men's Formchart: Oregon now by 10

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BE
    It will be tougher for UF's main potential national scorers (sprints/hurdles/jumps) to make it out of their region meet on to the national meet than it will for Oregon's potential national meet scorers (distance, multis, throws) to do the same. Factor in the points Oregon scores nationally at 10k and Deca not being a regional event, but a national qualifying standard, and you will have the Oregon Ducks as national champs.

    The only way FSU wins is if Borlee 1 and 2 run 44 seconds in the finals of the quarter on top of Makusha returning healthy enough to win. Those are their question marks, and they lose the greatest collegiate championship sprinter of all time in Walter Dix. Not gonna happen.
    The Borlees in all likelihood will only run in the 4x4 relay. Even if they did run the open, with the loss of both decathletes, Gonz and Pele, and the points they would have procured, a title is highly unlikely.

    Comment


    • #17
      No, coach Braman told us he expects the Borlées to be competitive in the open 400 as well.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by NumberCruncher
        Originally posted by BE
        It will be tougher for UF's main potential national scorers (sprints/hurdles/jumps) to make it out of their region meet on to the national meet than it will for Oregon's potential national meet scorers (distance, multis, throws) to do the same. Factor in the points Oregon scores nationally at 10k and Deca not being a regional event, but a national qualifying standard, and you will have the Oregon Ducks as national champs.

        The only way FSU wins is if Borlee 1 and 2 run 44 seconds in the finals of the quarter on top of Makusha returning healthy enough to win. Those are their question marks, and they lose the greatest collegiate championship sprinter of all time in Walter Dix. Not gonna happen.
        The Borlees in all likelihood will only run in the 4x4 relay. Even if they did run the open, with the loss of both decathletes, Gonz and Pele, and the points they would have procured, a title is highly unlikely.
        Schools don't bring kids from halfway across the world and give them a full scholarship just so they can run a leg on a relay. They will run the 400.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BE
          It will be tougher for UF's main potential national scorers (sprints/hurdles/jumps) to make it out of their region meet on to the national meet than it will for Oregon's potential national meet scorers (distance, multis, throws) to do the same.
          I don't quite get why it will be tougher for UF's guys to advance to the national meet. Unless I'm in the dark and the selection procedure has changed, it's unlikely that a projected national scorer will be outside the top 5, let alone the top 12(?) required to go into the pool for at-large consideration.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by gh
            No, coach Braman told us he expects the Borlées to be competitive in the open 400 as well.
            Good news, however like I said above with the loss of the decathletes I don't think FSU has a chance at another title this season.

            Comment


            • #21
              I don't believe Rietveld is lost for the season.

              And on the other side of the coin, everybody else is susceptible to injuries as well. Imagine what happens to Florida if Christian Taylor (2nd in LJ, 1st in TJ, part of No. 3-rated 4x4) goes down?

              No way Flazoo gives up at this point.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by gh
                I don't believe Rietveld is lost for the season.

                And on the other side of the coin, everybody else is susceptible to injuries as well. Imagine what happens to Florida if Christian Taylor (2nd in LJ, 1st in TJ, part of No. 3-rated 4x4) goes down?

                No way Flazoo gives up at this point.
                \

                Pelle still has to quality correct?

                Comment


                • #23
                  As of today, virtually everybody has to qualify. Only two guys over the auto-Q of 7500 so far.

                  23 are over 7000 (official NCAA lists):

                  1 Mateo Sossah SO North Carolina 7821 E 04-17
                  2 Daniel Keller SR North Carolina 7523 E 04-17
                  3 Michael Ayers SO Tennessee 7480 ME 04-10
                  4 Kevin Dwyer SR Miami-Ohio 7452 ME 03-20
                  5 Bjorn Barrefors FR Nebraska 7448 MW 04-02
                  6 Mantas Silkauskas FR Kansas St. 7414 MW 04-17
                  7 Daniel Kinsey JR Akron 7385 ME 04-02
                  8 Lars Rise SO Missouri 7371 ME 04-16
                  9 Cory Roberts JR SE Louisiana 7364 ME 04-03
                  10 Trinity Otto JR Texas A&M 7355 MW 04-02
                  11 Tyler Clarke SR Duke 7326 E 04-17
                  12 Skyler Reising SR Nebraska 7325 MW 04-02
                  13 Dan Newell SR Liberty 7255 E 04-17
                  14 Mat Clark SR UNI 7202 MW 04-03
                  15 Andrew Webb SR Texas 7187 MW 04-02
                  16 James Nunno SR Cal Poly-SLO 7142 W 04-16
                  17 Nathan Capps SR Idaho St. 7071 W 04-16
                  18 Corbin Duer SO Cal Poly-SLO 7071 W 04-16
                  19 Gray Horn FR Florida 7067 E 04-02
                  20 Isaac Combs SR LA-Monroe 7031 ME 04-08
                  21 Philip Adam SO Rice 7027 MW 04-02
                  22 Kenny Greaves SO Texas 7009 MW 04-02
                  23 Morgan Floyd SR Houston 7007 MW 04-02

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by gh
                    As of today, virtually everybody has to qualify. Only two guys over the auto-Q of 7500 so far.

                    23 are over 7000 (official NCAA lists):

                    1 Mateo Sossah SO North Carolina 7821 E 04-17
                    2 Daniel Keller SR North Carolina 7523 E 04-17
                    3 Michael Ayers SO Tennessee 7480 ME 04-10
                    4 Kevin Dwyer SR Miami-Ohio 7452 ME 03-20
                    5 Bjorn Barrefors FR Nebraska 7448 MW 04-02
                    6 Mantas Silkauskas FR Kansas St. 7414 MW 04-17
                    7 Daniel Kinsey JR Akron 7385 ME 04-02
                    8 Lars Rise SO Missouri 7371 ME 04-16
                    9 Cory Roberts JR SE Louisiana 7364 ME 04-03
                    10 Trinity Otto JR Texas A&M 7355 MW 04-02
                    11 Tyler Clarke SR Duke 7326 E 04-17
                    12 Skyler Reising SR Nebraska 7325 MW 04-02
                    13 Dan Newell SR Liberty 7255 E 04-17
                    14 Mat Clark SR UNI 7202 MW 04-03
                    15 Andrew Webb SR Texas 7187 MW 04-02
                    16 James Nunno SR Cal Poly-SLO 7142 W 04-16
                    17 Nathan Capps SR Idaho St. 7071 W 04-16
                    18 Corbin Duer SO Cal Poly-SLO 7071 W 04-16
                    19 Gray Horn FR Florida 7067 E 04-02
                    20 Isaac Combs SR LA-Monroe 7031 ME 04-08
                    21 Philip Adam SO Rice 7027 MW 04-02
                    22 Kenny Greaves SO Texas 7009 MW 04-02
                    23 Morgan Floyd SR Houston 7007 MW 04-02
                    Its too bad with Pelle getting injured at the ACCs, he had a great shot to win and beat Mateo, as his best events were still ahead of him.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Florida just averaged 13.58 for four guys in Penn shuttle hurdles.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by NumberCruncher
                        Its too bad with Pelle getting injured at the ACCs, he had a great shot to win and beat Mateo, as his best events were still ahead of him.
                        I thought that Eric had used up his eligibility long ago (and great scores in the 1500 and 400 will not get you very far anyway).

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          new chart now posted: Oregon gains points, Florida & Florida State lose points: net result is that Ducks are now in No. 1 spot (by a point over Seminoles)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Good! Anybody but the Gators!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Strange to see the Borlee's ranked 2,5 when they seem to be attatched at the hip.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Are Pelle and Makusha of Florida State going to be healthy enough to factor in at Nationals?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X