X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by ndamix
    [ For being officious as opposed to being an official. There is a difference.
    Nailed it..

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    The only solution is no more competition. Just like real life. When the girls get off their bus they are all awarded a gold medal and then they all rise their fists and get back on the bus and everyone is happy. Why hasn't anyone thought of this perfect solution yet, although i know they will soon. :roll:
    I agree. And this way they can stop all of that boring and often painful training crap, freeing up tons of time for more important things, like tweeting.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by BCBaroo
    You guys are veering dangerously away from the point here.

A girl put her arms up in joy after winning her third race of the day. Relief and joy.

To bring attention to this horrid problem, I will be holding a tea party this afternoon in protest of joy.
    But the girls behind her didn't get to raise their hands in victory, completely unfair! The only solution is no more competition. Just like real life. When the girls get off their bus they are all awarded a gold medal and then they all rise their fists and get back on the bus and everyone is happy. Why hasn't anyone thought of this perfect solution yet, although i know they will soon. :roll:

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied
    You guys are veering dangerously away from the point here.

A girl put her arms up in joy after winning her third race of the day. Relief and joy.

To bring attention to this horrid problem, I will be holding a tea party this afternoon in protest of joy.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    At least you admit you're an anti-large person bigot :lol:
    Only if they are moronic dumbshit bureaucrats or minions thereof. For whatever reason they seem to congregate at the NFHS. Other large folks I have no issues with.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    At least you admit you're an anti-large person bigot :lol:
    Obviously every one of the people who write and enforce the rules weigh at least 300 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    Oh boy, another chance to rail against the moronic fat-assed dumb-shit bureaucrats at the NFHS and their moronic fat-assed dumb-shit minions . . .
    and yet another chance to rail at you for your bigotry!
    I fully own up to the fact that I hate moronic fat-assed dumb-shit bureaucrats and their moronic fat-assed dumb-shit minions . . .

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Oh boy, another chance to rail against the moronic fat-assed dumb-shit bureaucrats at the NFHS and their moronic fat-assed dumb-shit minions . . .
    and yet another chance to rail at you for your bigotry!

Leave a comment:

• PDJ551
    replied
    Dumb Officials

In high school competition the referee of the meet can always over rule a call that another official made. Where was the proper judgement in this case? I have been a high school coach for many years. When I first started, in 1969 there were no uniform rules or jewelry rules. Some of the rules made sense, but some made no sense. When they passed a rule that runners singlets had to be tucked in at the start of races. I asked a veteran official that when auto timing was being done that made sense, but why was that rule passed in other cases. He felt that it was probably because in other sports the top had to be tucked in. In NJ in a state meet a kid was dqed for wearing a necklace. It wasn't spotted until the kid crossed the finish line in first place. The newspapers in South Jersey pilloried the decision. As a result in NJ, the violation has to be reported before the gun goes off in the case of uniform and jewelry infractions. If it is spotted later, nothing happens to the kid. A number of officials were unhappy, but the coaches were relieved. I guess we shouldn't be surprised at stupid decisions being made, because look at the world. Why should track and field be exempt from idiots? NO other province of the world is.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Rigghhttt!!!!! :evil: :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ndamix
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    Originally posted by guru
    The official who made this decision should be DQd from officiating for life.

While I would tend to agree with the sentiment on what we know, I'd suspect there's more to the story. We've heard one side.
    True. We should hear the other side and then draw and quarter the official. :evil:
    For being officious as opposed to being an official. There is a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Re: HS DQs, Part 114

The more I read about these situations it is becoming clearer and clearer that the rules are not the problem. The interpretation of the rules, however, is a big problem.

Either through stupidity or, worse, through design, we are seeing kids DQ'ed for no good reason. What a great way to turn kids off track and field.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Ya gotta let kids rejoice a win. My personal opinion, anything short of running backwards, thumbs in ear finger waggle and a bronx cheer is not excessive celebration.
    Do we have the IOC to blame for this - I bet these guys agreed with their idiotic opinions vis a vis Bolt.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Ya gotta let kids rejoice a win. My personal opinion, anything short of running backwards, thumbs in ear finger waggle and a bronx cheer is not excessive celebration.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X