Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Penn & Drake Weather Forecasts

The first long-range forecasts through the end of the Penn Relays and Drake Relays are up at weather.com . They look like this:

Penn:
    Thursday - High of 64 degrees (F) and Showers
    Friday - High of 60 degrees and Sunny
    Saturday - High of 69 degrees and Partly Cloudy

Drake:
    Thursday - High of 68 degrees and Mostly Sunny
    Friday - High of 69 degrees and Partly Cloudy
    Saturday - High of 65 degrees and Showers

All in all, I take the above as pretty good. While long-range forecasts may sometimes be off on their precipitation predictions, I find them to be more reliable at indicating if it will be generally warm or cold. Seeing everyday at both places at sixty degrees or more is a good sign. :wink:

This morning's updated forecast looks outstanding for Drake, and Penn looks good two out three days.

Drake:
    Thursday - 75 degrees and Partly Cloudy
    Friday - 76 degrees and Sunny
    Saturday - 77 degrees and Partly Cloudy

Penn:
    Thursday - 64 degrees and Mostly Sunny
    Friday - 67 degrees and Sunny
    Saturday - 64 degrees and Showers

Comment

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/1 ... undeclared

latest for penn looks excellent...

70 and sunny for saturday will bring out over 50k...

Comment

I've said this before and I'll say it again. A week away is too far off for those forecasts to be very meaningful. I don't like to start looking until a couple of days before I have to pack and leave.

Comment

looking at predictions of sun is nice, given it's been a late spring in the east...

Comment

Originally posted by az2004
            http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/19134?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

latest for penn looks excellent...

70 and sunny for saturday will bring out over 50k...
            So far so good, I'm coming all the way from the Pacific Ocean :lol: 8-)

Comment

Which meet typically has better weather. I ran at Drake a couple times and it was nice on both occasions.
              http://www.tips4running.com

Comment

I've had the impression that in recent years, Penn has tended to have better weather than Drake--or at least they've been less susceptible to really bad weather. But generalities are meaningless. In a given year, either could have better weather, or they could be about even. It could be warm or too cool in either place or both. Ditto rain.

Comment

This will be my 28th year in a row of attending Drake as a spectator/volunteer. I would say that for the most part the weather has been good-seems like there was a long stretch of years where it was really nice(some good sunburns), but then there has been stretches of years where it seems like it hasnt been so great(rain,cold, snow,windy).

My hope and prayer is that this year it is as awesome as the early forecasts are.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachTief
                    Which meet typically has better weather. I ran at Drake a couple times and it was nice on both occasions.
                    Sometimes Penn can get Drake's weather a day or two later as the storm system moves east. The worst scenario is that Drake get drenched on Friday and then Penn gets drenched on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      I've said this before and I'll say it again. A week away is too far off for those forecasts to be very meaningful. I don't like to start looking until a couple of days before I have to pack and leave.
                      As I've said before, I think you have a point as to whether it will rain or not. But I think even a week off, the forecast is a pretty good indication that we are likely to get milder weather rather than cool weather.

Comment

That would certainly be nice, wouldn't it. I'll still come prepared for anything.

Comment

On the need for that, we both agree. :wink:

Comment

As of mid-day Monday, the foreacsts are holding up pretty darn goo at weather.com .

Penn:
                            Thursday - 62 degrees (F) and Partly Cloudy
                            Friday - 78 degrees and Partly Cloudy
                            Saturday - 82 degrees and Partly Cloudy

Drake:
                            Thursday - 83 degrees and Mostly Sunny
                            Friday - 87 degrees and Mostly Sunny
                            Saturday - 82 degrees and Isolated Thunderstorms

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2
                              As of mid-day Monday, the foreacsts are holding up pretty darn goo at weather.com .

Penn:

Friday - 78 degrees and Partly Cloudy
                              Saturday - 82 degrees and Partly Cloudy
                              Oh heart, be still.

Comment

Working...
                              X