Clear All

• Nick Symmonds Naked Video ad???

Is this over the top?

http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php?do ... o_id=10244
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%

Ha! Is that f'real? Where is it shown? Internet only? Overseas TV? I thought it was genuinely funny, but I'm sure it'll end up offending some fuddy duddy somewhere.

Comment

Weird about sums it up.

And people wonder why no one takes this sport seriously in the mainstream.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

I actually think that's one of the better running ads I've seen in recent times. The joke is pretty universal and non-running specific.

From an athlete promotion angle I would think Symonds, Fleshman and the Gouchers will improve their name recognition considerably...

Most importantly that is a pretty "sneeze-worthy" vid (i.e. scope to go viral as folks email it around and cross post).

My tip is 10000+ plays on the youtube within next week...

Comment

I like it. Nick certainly has a great butt :P

Comment

Why are you calling it 'a Nick Symmonds ad'? It has other top US runners in it, too. Oh, and BTW, why is Kara Groucher fully dressed?
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I like it. Genuinely funny and by the sounds of things, T&A, I mean T&F needs as much exposure as it can get over there.

The more nudity the better say I - especially in the case of Nick Symmonds!

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                why is Kara Groucher fully dressed?
                Some kind of irony? It's a great ad, Goucher, the naked one, is hilarious doing the serious thing at the end.

Comment

The ads have the same whimsical nature as the "Tracktown USA" ads during the trials. A little more showing though. ops:

I like it! 8-)

Comment

I think this is the one and only opportunity to say I like the nude Lauren Fleschman part the best... without (too much) risk of being banished.

Bravo to Nike and my guess- Weiden Kennedy (their ad agency)... as an ad guy myself I can tell you that wasn't a cheap little shoot. Any way to spread ANY interest in track and field is good.

Comment

Cute, takes a lot of balz to run around naked. Also i think it would sell better if the ladies wore garter belts and stockings, sex it up. Naked isnt sexy. 8-)
                      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                        Cute, takes a lot of balz to run around naked
                        Indubitably. 8-)

Comment

Very funny, but totally inappropriate, especially when you consider that a substantial portion of Nike's market is teenagers. For those of us who are raising teenagers, maybe not so funny. Sort of the same issue as letting tobacco companies or beer companies or BALCO sponsor high school track meets.

Comment

Originally posted by TNT
                            Sort of the same issue as letting tobacco companies or beer companies or BALCO sponsor high school track meets.
                            Huh :?: I totally fail to see the analogy. Drinking, smoking and taking drugs are all self-destructive behaviors that are bad for you - how is this ad harmful to teenage audiences?
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Kids will see the humour and distinguish this from pushing drugs and alcohol.

If this is the new Nike gear then the Pre meet will be interesting this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X